Chapter 31

Act two began. I quickly did another vocal warm up in my dressing room while Glinda sang 'Thank Goodness'. I was back in the zone when I heard my queue to go on stage. I saw Nick in his Fiyero guard costume, he looked so hot. In that moment I wanted to tell him everything, but how? How could I show him that I want him to be mine again? We ran off stage like we were suppose to and prepared for the next song, 'As Long As Your Mine'... This was my chance to show Nick how much I need him. He walked on stage, and then I. We both kneeled down. I right away looked straight into his eyes, hoping he would get that I meant every word. He looked straight back and I started to sing 'Kiss me too fiercely, hold me too tight. I need help believing you're with me tonight'. He did as we rehearsed, but that's not what I wanted. He looked down and rested his hand on my lap, listening intently to the words. Instead of just sitting there like I would usually do, I lightly touched his arm as it rested on my lap. Nick darted his head up and started to smirk at me. I think he was getting the hint. I sang the last line of the verse 'As long as you're mine...' I slightly cut myself off as our lips crashed together. His lips were soft and warm. Nick pulled away and started singing his verse 'Maybe I'm brainless, Maybe I'm wise'. He stared right at me with his charming smile. I held his hand which was very different from rehearsal. Nick squeezed my hand, never wanting to let go. We both started to sing 'Every moment... as long as you're mine..." He held me closer as we finished out the song. I kept the eye contact strong. I think he might of gotten the hint because his face hovered over mine. We finished the verse and then our lips collided together. I didn't want to pull away but I had to for a moment. He asked "What is it?" I smirked "It's just... For the first time... I feel..." I looked at him and said in a deep voice "Wicked!" Then we started to kiss again. The crowd was going crazy as the lights dimmed out. He broke our kiss and looked straight at me as he laid his head down in my lap. He mouthed 'Was that real?' I nodded 'yes' and smiled. Before the lights went back on, his warm lips connected with mine but only for a moment. The lights came on and we just smiled at each other. He got it.

The rest of the play went on smoothly. Every time Nick and I were on the stage at the same time, we wouldn't dare take our eyes off each other. It was the perfect show. No one messed up their lines. No mic problems. No costume malfunctions. Just perfect.

After the bows, Nick and I stared at each other. I started to blush and looked down. The next thing I know Marie and Kristen are walking me to my dressing room. When we got into my dressing room, they sat me on the couch and closed the door. Marie turned to me and asked "What the hell was that?" I sat there quietly. She continued "I thought that we agreed that you would never, ever, do anything like that with Nick again!" I calmly said back "It was just a kiss or two..." She yelled even louder "No! I saw everything! You looked at each other when the lights went off and then kissed again when you were in character! He is going to hurt you again and you know it. Why are you letting him do this to you!?" I sat quietly and started to rethink everything: Was telling Nick your feelings really worth it? My mind was telling me : No you're the biggest idiot I have ever met in my life. But my heart said : Yes.... He is worth it... I spoke up to Marie "Marie, I know you think I'm crazy. I think I'm crazy, but... I can't stay away from him... I still love him..." Marie stood in shock. Kristen smiled and gave me a hug. Marie stood there glaring at us.

NICK POV

Once Gabby was dragged away by Marie and Kristen, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Joe and Kevin came to say congrats. Joe finally asked "So... You and Gabby?" I sighed "I don't know yet. I wanted to go talk to her but I feel like I'm only going to get pushed away and I deserve it." Kevin then said "The only way you will know is if you talk to her. Otherwise you won't know and it will bother you." He was right I will never know until I try. I thanked my brothers and gave them the address for the after party. I then walked to Gabby's dressing room. I took a deep breath and started to open the door. Suddenly the door swung open and out came Marie. Once she saw that she hit me with the door, she glared at me and said "If you hurt her anymore, I will ruin you. You got that?" I nodded 'yes' and she stormed off. When I looked up I saw Gabby staring back at me. Even though her skin was still green, her brown eyes still kill me every time I see her. God, she is so beautiful. I flashed a smile and waved at Gabby and Kristen. Kristen walked out of the door and flashed a smile back. I walked towards Gabby, shutting the door behind me, and kissed her. My hands held her waist bringing her closer to me. Her soft, lips hit mine, as we continued our kiss. I missed her. I missed everything we had. I detached slowly, even though I wanted her. "Gabby... We need to talk this through before anything happens." She looked up at me "Okay. I want to say that I could never shake off any feelings for you away. I just missed you." She missed me? After everything I have done? I replied "I missed you too and I'm so sorry for everything. I just, I let myself go and... I don't understand why I did because the best thing that I ever had... was right in front of me this whole time... I know that I'm not worth it and I'm the craziest person ever but... I love you." She smiled "I love you too."