Chapter 28

The rest of the week was rough. Sadly, when I mean rough I mean thinking about Nick 24/7. I just don't understand why he is taking over my thoughts. Other than constantly thinking about Nick, practices were interesting. I started to trust Adam more, especially since we have to kiss each other in two scenes. It's just weird kissing someone other than Nick. I mean Adam is great and all but Nick is the only one I find myself with.

After our last practice, we had a full weekend of free time. In my case it was filled with interviews, radio shows, and performances. It was all fun, but exhausting. I tried to avoid any conversation about Nick or anything about being his manager, for my own sake. Monday was coming too fast.

----------------------------

Going into rehearsal, I was in a good mood. I walked in with Kristen. After last week, Kristen and I became best friends. She knew everything about me and I knew everything about her. We did our morning routines before practice. Kristen would come and sit in my dressing room with me while we sipped on our Starbucks. When 7:30 a.m. rolls by, Kristen and I walked together to the practice room, also known as the blocking room. Most of the cast was already there warming up their voices. Kristen says "Do you mind if we go over the 'popular scene'? I just want to make sure I got it right." I nodded and we started to rehearse the scene. We continued to laugh at each other the whole time because of all the mistakes we made. Interrupting our fun the director yelled over everyone "I need everyone's full and undivided attention!" The cast all gathered around as he continued "I'm sad to announce that Adam won't be joining us for the show." Everyone was in complete shock. I was taken aback. After Adam and I's little incident things got better. Why did he leave? The director explained "Adam was overbooked and so he had to leave us, but don't worry. I have found a new Fiyero. Please welcome Nick Jonas!" My face went from a smile to a face of shock. Nick walked in with a smile and waved at the rest of the cast. Marie and Kristen stood next to me. I turned around quickly trying to hide my face and mumbled "You have got to be kidding me!" Kristen tried to calm me down while Marie stood in front of me. Nick started to shake other cast members hands, making his way towards me. Kristen traded places with Marie. Nick shook Kristen's hand as she tried to pull him in the opposite direction, but of course he still found away to get to me. He tried to shake my hand, but I refused. "Hello Gabby... It's been awhile..." said Nick as he tried to make eye contact with me. I wanted to yell at him! I wanted to punch him or something for everything he has done to me! But... then I remembered what we had when things were real between us. I looked at him confused and quietly asked "What are you doing here?" He smirked "I'm here because I can't stop thinking about you..." Did he really just say that, especially after everything he has done? I sternly said "Stop... I am not here to be your fool again. This stays professional. Got it?" He nodded as I walked away from him and to the director. I explained the whole situation with the director and I laid down some rules. One: this stays professional. Two: we are going to try to avoid any conversation outside of practice. And three: no kissing until the show opens to the public. Of course the director was upset but I couldn't fall back in love with him, even though I would like too. Sadly, this was just the beginning of rehearsal.

During rehearsal we focused on the scenes Nick was in so that he can get the hang of the show quicker. In the scene where we sing 'As Long As Your Mine' he tried to get into the character a little too much. He tried to kiss me but I just stood up and continued singing the song. I could tell he was mad but that's what he gets for cheating on me and breaking my heart and then trying to get back into my life. I just can't believe he's here. This must be a dream. It has to be a dream.

After we finished all of the scenes we all went to our separate dressing rooms. Marie and Kristen walked me to my dressing room because I feared that Nick would try something on me. Plus I didn't want to be alone knowing that he is in the same building as me. I sat quietly in my chair as I listened to Kristen and Marie talk about Nick. Some phrases I tuned into were 'Why does he always have to be an asshole?'/ 'Why the hell is he here?'/ 'What does he want this time?' I thought of the same questions. IWhy and how and ugh!!! I don't want to believe that the only reason he is here is to see me.I want to talk to him but I don't want to sound easy to him. I don't want him to realize that I am still deeply in love with him...