Chapter 39

GABBY POV

I opened my eyes. As I lifted myself up, I noticed I had a headache ... How did I get to my room? I looked around the dark room and noticed clothes on the floor. They looked like Nick's. I heard water running. I waited until it stopped and said "Nick? Are you here?" The bathroom door swung open revealing Nick with a towel around his waist. "Good morning beautiful. How are you feeling?" Damn. He is literally so hot. After a moment of glorifying his perfect body, I said " I'm okay. What happened last night?" He smiled "You got drunk last night at the after party so I took you here." I feel like I totally ruined his big night. First with Zac and now with drinking too much. I feel horrible. I held my knees in and said "Nick, I'm sorry..." As he slipped on his underwear and T-shirt, he asked "For what babe?" I sighed "For ruining last night for you. Zac came after me, and that distracted you from being the host and then with drinking way too much to the point where you had to bring me home. Last night was supposed to be the best night for you and I ruined it." He laughed a little and came to sit by me. Holding me in a tight hug, he said "It's not your fault that Zac randomly showed up and tried to hurt you again. I don't blame you for anything that he did. The drinking just came to you out of stress and that's okay... Plus, it was my idea to take you home, not yours." I started to tear up. I was still terrified that Zac was out there. When was he just going to disappear from my life? Plus, Nick is such a blessing in my life and I just want to be happy with him. Silence filled the room. Nick still held me close. I started to hear our hearts beating in unison. He then asked "Are you okay babe?" I weakly said "Yes... I just... I want to be with you without things like Zac getting in the way." I sighed as he let go of our hug. He looked into my eyes and then to my lips, then back up to my eyes. We came together in a kiss. Nick held my face as I wrapped my arms around this neck. I looked up at him and smirked as we released. Nick finally said "Babe. I love you and wish I could stay with you all day but I have to go." I sighed and asked "Where are you going?" He grabbed his jacket "I have a radio interview and then I'm on Ellen for my interview about the awards last night." He kissed me on the cheek and then left.

I sat alone all day in my house watching T.V. On almost every news channel, they talked about the awards and Zac's arrest. Eventually, I turned it off. It was enough having to have Zac there last night and I don't need to hear about him more today. I searched for my phone until, I heard it ring. "Hello" I said as I answered my phone. "Hey... Gabby..." A familiar voice oozed through the phone. "Marie? Is that you? Are you okay?" She started sniffling. " I quickly asked "Where are you... I'm coming to get you." She gave me the address to the studio. I wonder what she was doing there... I jumped into my car and drove as carefully, but as quickly as possible. I walked in and saw Marie standing outside the recording booth door. I gave her a tight hug. "Hey are you okay? What's going on?" It was hard for her to speak. I just kept trying to get the words out of her. After about ten minutes of hugs and saying 'it's okay' She finally spoke "Gabby, Harry just told me he cheated on me and I have nowhere else to go." I looked at her and asked "Is he in there?" She nodded 'yes' and I started towards the door.

I pushed the door open with rage. I saw Harry was with the rest of the band. Louis, Liam, and Niall were happy to see me. As they walked out of the booth, they saw how pissed I was and their smiles faded. "WHAT THE HELL HARRY!? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU HURT HER LIKE THAT? YOU ARE UNBELEIVABLE! I NEVER THOUGHT YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!" I do not think I have ever screamed at someone that much in my life. Marie was my best friend. Even though we have our difficulties but, she is still an important person in my life. I would kill someone if they hurt my friend. At that point I was ready to throw some punches, but Louis held me back while Liam stood in the middle of Harry and I. Harry yelled back "GABBY! YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME SHIT. I WANT TO MAKE IT UP TO HER, BUT I DON'T THINK SHE WILL TAKE ME BACK. JUST... NADINE WAS JUST ALL OVER ME!" Louis kept pulling me back. Harry was right. I did go through the same thing with Nick. I gave a death glare to Louis. He let go and I looked back at Harry "Instead of recreating what happened to me you should have known better. All Marie ever did was love you... She gave up her last boyfriend to be with you and you threw her away like she was nothing..." I stared straight into his eyes and said "She deserves better than you." After of a moment of intensity, I walked silently out of the room, grabbed Marie and drover her back to our house.

She was so depressed. She sat on the couch watching BBC all day. I made her food, but she didn't want to eat. I tried everything to get her to cheer up, but nothing was working. I guess I was the same when Nick cheated on me, but that's all in the past. Now, we need to focus on Marie and how to make her feel better. I sat next to her on the couch. She flipped through channels until we found the Ellen show. I quickly said "Hey... Nick is going to be on today... Do you mind if we watch?" She nodded and left Ellen on for us to watch.

Nick came on and a smile flashed up upon my face. He was charming and always had the cutest smile. He sat down after hugging Ellen and saying hello to the audience. She started to ask questions about his songs and about how the show was going. Then she asked how I was . Nick blushed a little and looked to the side, which is so sexy by the way. He said "Well she is doing great." Ellen kept coming with questions about Zac and I. Nick dodge the questions as best as he could. Ellen then cut to commercial and then, my phone started to ring. Who could that be?