Prologue

As the rambunctious crowd sat proudly in the stands, Evelyn sat rather anxiously, watching Cedric Diggory walk with his father to the middle of the ground arena. Every muscle in Evelyn's body seemed to tremble and shake with a terrible inner-thunder. She was terrified for Cedric, for she knew that this third and final task was not going to be as simple as the two tasks prior.

Evelyn tried to ignore the intrusive thoughts that ran rampant inside of her skull, watching as Cedric stood with the other champions and their handlers; Karkaroff with Viktor Krum, Madam Maxine with Fleur Delacour, Mad-Eye Moody with Harry Potter, and Amos Diggory with Cedric Diggory.

"Earlier this evening, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup within the maze. Only he knows where it resides. As the scoring is closed, the first to touch the cup will become the first Triwizard champion in over one hundred years." Dumbledore announces as the students in the stands cheer as loud as their voices would allow. Evelyn clapped unevenly, struggling to move her body.

As the sound of the commencing cannon goes off, the champions enter the maze. Cedric turned to the stands, looking for Evelyn. The two met eyes for what seemed like forever, Cedric flashed a smile and off he went into the dreadful maze. Evelyn smiled back at Cedric, and watched as he turned his back and entered the maze.

The time seemed to pass agonizingly slow. Evelyn watched the maze, trying to see if anyone had came out, hoping it would be Cedric that did so. Her heart longed to see his golden hair and pale skin once again.

Harry Potter returns to the arena and hits the earth with a massive slam. Evelyn's eyes shot up from her lap as she looked to see Harry sitting over someone. That someone seemed to be Cedric. Evelyn's heart skipped a beat and she stood in shock, not yet processing the scene in front of her. Harry's arms were tight over Cedric. That was when she realized that Cedric wasn't moving.

Evelyn shot up from her seat, running down to Cedric. She pushed people out of her way, not caring who they were.  What she saw made her wish she was blind. Evelyn's heart stops beating and her stomach drops. Suddenly, Evelyn can't breathe. Everything around her seemed to cave in and all the things they had done together seemed to flood her mind; Evelyn couldn't handle it. As she got closer to him, she could see the absence of light in his eyes and the lack of color in his face. He was dead.

All of Evelyn's previous fears had come true. She was frozen and stopped breathing for a moment, looking at his lifeless body laying on the ground. Her hand found her mouth as she screamed, falling to the ground. She could hear Amos, Cedric's father, yelling, but Evelyn didn't hear a word he was saying.

The ugliest of sobs started to shatter Evelyn's entire body. She held Cedric's limp body in her small arms, and laid beside him, not caring that all of Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Beuxbatons were watching her break down.

Evelyn had never thought she'd lose Cedric. Not like this, at least. This was far too surreal. 

She sobs, her voice shakes. Evelyn keeps stuttering and trying to tell herself that she can somehow help him. He was dead, his body temperature was already dropping. He was very cold to the touch, he was never cold. He was always warm, and chose to keep her warm in his arms.

"It'll be okay. You've gotta breathe for me, okay? Come on! Please! You can't leave me like this! You p-promised you'd always keep me safe! You p-p-promised..." Evelyn cries and holds his hand in hers.

Evelyn felt two strong arms lift her from the ground, but she fought it. There was nothing more she wanted than to be with Cedric. Eventually, she grew tired from fighting and gave in. Evelyn looked up through her blurry tears to see Harry Potter.

"He's gone..." She sobbed, looking at Harry. Evelyn felt herself losing her balance but before she hit the ground, Harry managed to catch her. The look he gave her almost scared her, he looked terrified.

"I know." Harry looked at her like she was dying, and pulled Evelyn into a hug. Cedric's body became smaller and smaller as Harry helped her into the darkening corridors, making that day the last time she had seen Cedric Diggory.