seventeen

"What a beautiful wedding!" Hermione Granger commented, looking around in awe of the decorations. Evelyn hugged Hermione, glad to see her after not seeing her for a long time. Hermione then hugged Cedric, still in shock of his survival.

"We're glad we could make it," Harry spoke, hugging and shaking Cedric's hand, "It's so good to see you, Cedric." Harry looked at Cedric, seeing a glimmer of hope in his eyes. Evelyn hugged Harry as well, as she laughed at Ron, having his fourth slice of cake.

"Nice to see you too, Ron," Evelyn called out to him, as he snapped his head her direction, "Well don't just stand there! Come say hello." Evelyn laughed as he wiped his face of icing onto his sleeve, making Hermione roll her eyes at him.

"Sorry," Ron spoke, setting his plate down, "It is good to see you. I'm happy for you. This makes me more excited for Bill and Fleur's wedding, that cake is phenomenal." Ron talked, looking around the area, and of course, the cake.

"Phenomenal? I didn't know that word was in your vocabulary." Hermione crossed her arms, looking at Ron a bit angrily. This only made Evelyn and Cedric laugh more.

"It is now." Ron spoke, laughing as he looked at the happy couple and Hermione.

"We'll let you two have some alone time, but it was incredibly good to see you two." Harry spoke, pulling the trio of friends away from the couple. Evelyn and Cedric looked at each other and laughed.

Their 'alone time' didn't last long as more people headed their way.

"You two are so perfect for each other!" Tonks hugged Evelyn, as Remus shook hands with Cedric. Remus did look shocked to see the boy again, after he was presumed to be dead. Yet another ghost from Remus' past had turned out to be alive. He wondered what else could be thrown his way.

"That's so sweet. I'm happy for you two as well! It was about time." Evelyn winked playfully at the couple, watching as Remus held Tonks lovingly in his arms. Cedric subconsciously did the same, making Evelyn smile.

She had hoped this phase would last forever.

♥︎

It was time for speeches. The moment Evelyn and Cedric had been waiting for.

"Is this on?" Emmett spoke into the microphone, drawing everyone's attention, "I'd like to propose a toast. To my new sister, Evelyn, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last 18 years cause you won't be getting anymore for a while." Emmett laughed, as the crowd was a bit silent. Cedric and Evelyn looked at each other, and laughed awkwardly.

"Cedric will be a good husband. I know this because I'm an auror. I know things. Like how to hunt somebody to ends of the Earth." Remus spoke into the microphone, making sure Cedric heard his message. And he sure did, loud and clear. Evelyn and Cedric laughed, knowing he cared about the couple tremendously.

"Nothing brings me more joy than to see my daughter happy. Cedric, I hope you know you mean the world to her. She loves you more than anything in this world. Please take care of my daughter and protect her from things that will try to hurt her. And Evelyn, please be sure to remind Cedric who is in charge." Nolan laughed into the microphone, looking at Cedric with seriousness.

"I'd like to thank Nolan for bringing such a wonderful person into the world and into our lives. We will cherish and protect her forever." Esme spoke, looking at Evelyn and Cedric with love.

"It's an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bear your soul to and who will accept you for what you are. I've been waiting for what seems like a very long time, to get beyond what I am. With Evelyn, I feel like I can finally be me. So, I'd like to propose a toast to my beautiful bride." Cedric spoke, holding his glass of champagne high in the air. 

His eyes locked with Evelyn's as she smiled.

"No measure of time with you will be long enough, but let's start with forever."

♥︎

"He won't tell you where he's taking you?" Tonks asked, her hand in Remus'. Evelyn smiled excitedly.

"Nope, it's a surprise." Evelyn spoke happily, glancing at Alice from behind them. Tonks smiled, while Remus did too, however, he looked a bit more serious.

"Please be careful, Evelyn. You know who's out there." Remus spoke, as he pulled her into a hug. 

"Of course. You too." Evelyn spoke, low enough for them to hear. Alice then pulled her aside, and led her to her father. He looked happy, but also quite sad. 

"It's going to be quite strange, you not living under my roof." He spoke, looking at her with sad eyes. He felt a pang of sadness in his chest, knowing this meant she was leaving him.

"Yeah, it's going to be a bit strange for me too." Evelyn said, looking up at her father. She smiled at him, and he smiled back. She felt guilty for leaving him, but she loved Cedric.

"You know it'll always be your home, right?" He asked, making sure she knew she'd always have a home to come to.

"Yes, of course." Evelyn spoke, pulling her father into a hug, "I love you."

♥︎

"Welcome to Isle Esme." Cedric spoke, walking up to the island home just outside of Rio. As Evelyn got close to the door, Cedric swooped her up in his arms. 

"I am nothing if not traditional." Cedric spoke in her ear, as he walked them into the house, her still in his arms. She smiled as he put her down and brought their bags inside. Cedric encouraged her to take a look around, and she jumped at the opportunity. 

The place was beautiful. Windows everywhere, beautiful lights around the house, perfect interior design, and a perfect view of the ocean from their bedroom. Evelyn smirked when she saw their master bedroom. 

Cedric came up from behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, making Evelyn let out a bit of laughter. She turned around to face him, still holding his hands.

"Do you want to go for a swim?" Cedric asked, as Evelyn smirked. 

"Of course I do, Mr. Diggory." Evelyn whispered in his ear, watching as his smile grew on his face. They both knew what they wanted, and that was each other. In every way possible.

Cedric kissed Evelyn, holding her by her waist. Evelyn kissed him back, tugging on the back of his neck to deepen the kiss, but Cedric pulled away for a moment.

"If this doesn't work and I hurt you..." Cedric spoke, looking down at the girl before him. 

"I trust you." She spoke, looking at his lips and then his eyes.

That was all he needed to hear. Cedric smashed his lips against hers and moved his hands from her waist to her legs, caressing them as he struggled to undo her bra, making him laugh. She helped him, as he made sure she was comfortable. They continued to kiss, learning every curve and every scar that they'd have forever to memorize.

The two then slipped into eternal bliss.