two

"Hello, Miss Scamander." Mr. Molina spoke to her, handing her a stack of papers. Presumably either homework or a syllabus. Evelyn smiled and looked at the classroom. It was much different than Hogwarts, with bland concrete walls and an abundance of florescent lights. She felt a pang of sadness as she missed Hogwarts deeply.

As she looked around the room, she spotted Edward. Evelyn held her breath, knowing his secret. Deep down, she wondered if he knew her secret.

Edward shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he watched Evelyn. Evelyn was ordered to sit next to him in class, as it was the last open seat in the room. Evelyn took a deep breath, and walked to her seat.

As the professor, well teacher here, continued to teach, Evelyn was hyperaware of Edward. She felt his glances on her like a hot iron. She could feel him staring, so occasionally she would look at him and he'd look away. Evelyn gulped, hoping he wasn't still thinking about drinking her blood. She shook those thoughts out of her head and attempted to listen to the lesson, as confusing as it was, it did manage to distract her from Edward.

As the bell rang, Edward grabbed his things and left immediately. Evelyn was shocked, as he seemed quite interested in her for the entirety of the class. Nevertheless, Evelyne continued to gather her things and head home. She figured she would find out more details about Edward later. After all, she was known to investigate things she didn't understand. Edward would just so happen to be her next subject.

♥︎

As the days passed, Evelyn was frustrated. Evelyn had planned to confront him and demand to know what his problem was that day. The only issue was that Edward never showed up at school. One day turned into two and two turned into a whole week. Evelyn was mostly worried, thinking about what he must be doing out there.

Evelyn's new friends did good to take her mind off of Edward and Cedric for that matter, but she never told them what she was truly thinking. They'd never truly understand, beside muggles can't know about magic. Evelyn sighed, knowing that her new friends would never and could never know the real her. It truly was disheartening.

On the next day, though, Edward finally showed up. As Evelyn walked into Biology, a close subject to Herbology at Hogwarts, she spotted Edward sitting in his spot next to her. She drew a quick breath and headed to her seat.

"Hello, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself last week. I'm Edward Cullen. You're Evelyn?" Edward spoke, shaking Evelyn out of her trance. Evelyn looked over at him in shock. He sounded just like Cedric when he spoke.

"Yes." Evelyn answered, interrupted by the teacher. Edward didn't care though, he put his attention on Evelyn, watching her as she took the microscope in her hands.

"I was out of town for a couple of days for personal reasons." Edward explained, watching Evelyn write the answers down on her sheet of paper. She was used to parchment, but made do with the regular paper.

"So are you enjoying the rain?" Edward asks, laughing at Evelyn's reaction. Evelyn was shocked he was asking about the weather, but decided to answer him anyway.

"I don't mind it, I grew up in London, you see." She answered, brushing a strand of her curly, blonde hair behind her ear.

"Ah. I've never really been." Edward spoke, looking out the window for a brief moment, then turning back to Evelyn. Evelyn smiled at him before speaking again.