ten

After a few weeks of school, Edward and Evelyn decide to use their plane tickets and fly to London. What Edward didn't know, was that she was going to visit the Order of the Phoenix. 

Harry Potter had sent her a few owls at the end of the last term, filling her in on what's been going on there and at Hogwarts. 

Dear Evelyn,

It's been a long time since I last heard from you. I hope you are doing well. I know it probably hasn't been easy dealing with Cedric's death, but I send you all of my sympathy. (So does Hermione, by the way.)

It's hard to say how much has happened this year, because to be honest it was a lot. Sirius Black was killed by Bellatrix Lestrange at the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry. The Order showed up to help us as we thought Sirius was in danger, but it was a lie. Voldemort can put visions into my head now, Evelyn. It feels as if I can't even trust myself these days.

A terrible woman by the name of Dolores Umbridge infiltrated Hogwarts, even somehow became Headmaster there for a minute. She was horrible, be glad you graduated before she came along. Fred and George had a field day with her, though. 

You'll never guess who was just announced to be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. That's right; Snape. I'm sure you look as shocked as we were when we found out.

I hope you and your father are doing well. All of us at Hogwarts miss you dearly. Let us know if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

All the Best,

Harry Potter

Evelyn recalled the letter she had received as the plane began to land in London. Edward smiled at her, grabbing her hand as they walked out of the airport. It was amazing to smell the air of her home again, to see the sky she grew up looking at. She had hoped Edward was as excited as she was.

"Wow." Edward took a good look at the city. Despite the hazy clouds that hovered above them, the city was bustling with people. Some were on their way to work and some were just out to see the city. Edward and Evelyn, however, were just simply happy to exist in the moment.

"Welcome to London, Edward Cullen." 

♥︎

"Well, if it isn't Evelyn Scamander!" Arthur Weasley smiled, hugging the young girl as she entered 12 Grimmauld Place, the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix.

"You must be...?" Arthur looked a bit puzzled, and Evelyn looked to Edward to answer him. Edward was quick to be polite and introduce himself to the man. Evelyn watched as the two shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.

"Edward Cullen, sir. It's a pleasure." Edward smiled charismatically. Evelyn smiled, her hand holding his. Arthur seemed to be skeptical of the two, and Evelyn knew why.

"My God, boy. You look just like-" Arthur commented, but Evelyn cut him off as soon she knew what he was going to say. Edward looked confused, but carried on with watching the conversation.

"How is everyone, Mr. Weasley? The Order?" Evelyn asked, seeing Mrs. Weasley waving to her from the kitchen. Evelyn and Edward waved back, making her smile in admiration.

"I presume Harry told you about Sirius?" Arthur looked sad, his eyes becoming darker with every word he spoke. Evelyn could sense the growing concern and realization that seemed to be sweeping the area. We all knew it; Voldemort is back.