twenty

As Evelyn opened her eyes, she sat up. As she looked around the room, it became clear she was far more than just a witch. She was a full fledged vampire.

She could see the dust particles on the bookshelf, and could see every thread of the carpet. She looked to her right and locked eyes with Cedric. She smiled, walking towards him and pulling him into a hug.

"Evelyn, you're a lot stronger than I am right now. It's your turn not to break me." Cedric spoke, pulling away with a smile.

"I love you." Evelyn spoke, looking at her husband with lust. She would need him now more than ever.

"I love you." Cedric said, pulling her into a kiss. They both longed to be with one another after being apart for what seemed like forever. Evelyn had went through so much pain to get here, she wanted it to be worth it.

"Adelaye." Evelyn spoke, remembering everything. She longed to see her baby girl, she had only held her once. She knew she needed to see her.

"She's absolutely incredible." Cedric said, smiling when he thought about her. He loved her so much, and he had only known her for three days.

"Where is she? I have to see her." Evelyn spoke, turning to find her. Cedric was quick to stop her, knowing she was a newborn vampire.

"You need to get your thirst under control." Cedric spoke, and Evelyn quickly realized how thirsty she was.

"Yeah, you need to hunt."

♥︎

"Well I'm amazed," Cedric spoke proudly, "You ran away from human blood mid-hunt. Even mature vampires have problems with that." 

Evelyn smiled, feeling very proud of herself for doing such a good job on her first day as a vampire. She hugged Cedric, wanting to let him know how much she loved him and how grateful she was to him. She didn't need to say it, he already knew.

"You're still here?" Evelyn asked, shocked to see that her father had stayed. She wondered how long she had been out, but she was glad to see him. She was shocked that his blood didn't bother her.

"And so are you," Her father spoke, hugging his daughter, "I was so worried! Carlisle told me you'd be okay but that you'd be...different. I didn't expect you seem so much like yourself." Nolan smiled, looking at his daughter. She did look the same, just a bit more pale and especially those red eyes were what stood out the most.

"I'm okay, father." Evelyn hugged him, squeezing him a bit too hard, "Sorry. I forget how strong I am now." She laughed, as she pulled away from her father. He laughed with her, and looked at Cedric with a smile.

"It's okay, my dear. It will take some getting used to, but I'm glad you have Cedric. I suppose you really will be together forever."  Nolan spoke, glancing at the vampiric couple.

"That is the plan, sir."

♥︎

"Welcome to the family." Esme smiled, as she moved out of the way. Evelyn smiled back, searching for her daughter among the vampires.

"Adelaye." Evelyn spoke softly, as Rosalie handed her the child. She had green eyes, and Cedric's golden blonde hair. She smiled, but wondered why she looked so mature for her age. Hadn't she just been born?

Adelaye reached her hand up to Evelyn's face, showing her the first memory she has of her mother. Evelyn smiled, understanding it to be her daughter's gift.

"She's only been out for two days?" Evelyn asked, not looking away from Adelaye.

"Her growth rate is unprecedented." Carlisle spoke, as everyone turned to look at him.

"We're going to spend every second with her." Evelyn smiled, as Adelaye held on to her finger.

♥︎

"I still hate surprises. That hasn't changed." Evelyn spoke, as she walked behind Alice and beside of Cedric. Cedric smiled.

"You'll love this one." Alice cheered, skipping down the forest to reveal a quaint cottage, "Welcome home!"

"No way!" Evelyn was shocked, the cottage was gorgeous. Cedric smiled at her, as he watched her excited expression.

"We thought you guys might like a place of your own." Alice spoke on behalf of all of the Cullens. Evelyn felt extremely grateful, and jumped with happiness. Cedric laughed as they walked inside.

The living room had a beautiful fireplace that led right into the kitchen and the dining room. Their bedroom was immaculate and even had the sweetest nursery for Adelaye. Evelyn was in awe.

"This our room." Cedric said, showing Evelyn their bedroom. It was absolutely perfect. But, she noticed it had a large bed in the center.

"Vampires don't sleep." Evelyn commented, as Cedric hugged her from behind. She felt him chuckle and so she turned around.

"It's not intended for sleep." Cedric smirked, kissing Evelyn's neck.

"Would you like to show me what exactly it is intended for?" Evelyn smirked.

♥︎

"Wow," Emmett looked up from his newspaper, "done already?" Cedric laughed, and Evelyn smiled but also rolled her eyes.

"Where's Adelaye?" She asked, her eyes wandering around. 

"With Rosalie," Emmett answered, "Did you break a lot of stuff?" Emmett smirked. Cedric attempted to hide his laughter but Evelyn knew.

"Emmett, no." Evelyn shook her head, and then looked out the window. Rosalie was playing with Adelaye while they sat under a tree. Evelyn smiled, knowing that Rosalie had always wanted a family. Jasper entered the room, making Evelyn look at him.

"Cedric told me about your hunt. I've never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint." Jasper complimented her, and she smiled. Emmett rolled his eyes.

"I'm not sure she is a newborn. She's so tame." Emmett tempted her, as he cracked his knuckles. Evelyn smirked, knowing she could take him in a fight.

"Emmett, don't antagonize her. She's the strongest one in the house." Cedric pleaded, knowing that Evelyn would beat him to a pulp in a fight. Evelyn grinned.

"Oh, please." Emmett rolled his eyes and went to grab a rock from the forest. Evelyn smiled, watching as the Cullens come to watch. 

"Don't hurt yourself, Emmett." Cedric spoke, clearly rooting for his wife. She winked at him as she linked hands with Emmett on the boulder.

As Jasper counted down, the two began to arm wrestle. At first, Emmett had the lead, and so he smiled. But as quickly as he lead, she passed him and his arm began to fall to her side, his face showing his loss. Evelyn smiled as she slammed his hand into her side of the rock. Evelyn had won.

"That's my girl." Cedric cheered, as he kissed Evelyn on the cheek.

Evelyn's time as a human was over, but she had never felt more alive. 

Everything seemed to fall into place, even the Volturi seemed to accept Evelyn's new status, though they'd want proof eventually. 

It seemed she had only one enemy left; time. Adelaye was growing too fast, everyone worried about how long they would have with her. It just made every moment more precious.

♥︎

"Look, Mom! A snowflake." Adelaye smiled to her mom, as she showed her the snowflake in the palm of her hand. 

Evelyn smiled, "It's beautiful. Why don't you go catch another one?" Evelyn watched as Adelaye flew into the air and caught yet another snowflake.

Evelyn looked to the mountain behind them, seeing someone she had seen at the wedding. Cedric's cousin from Denali. 

Evelyn called out her name, "Irina!" But the woman only frowned and began to run away frantically. Evelyn did not realize, but a whole other storm was headed their way.

 It was only a matter of time.