fourteen

The Cullens, the wolves, and Evelyn stood in the clearing, waiting for the newborn's to arrive. Edward stood beside her, ready to fight off anyone who threatened to hurt her, after all, that was his fiance.

Within seconds, the newborns arrived, running at a speed faster than light. Evelyn raised her wand at one of the newborns headed for her.

"STUPEFY!" Evelyn shouted, watching as the newborn flew ten feet back in the air. She raised her wand again at another newborn that had made his way towards her. He snarled as he tried to jump towards her.

"BOMBARDA!" She shouted, watching as the newborn was blown to dust. This seemed to catch the attention of Jasper, who looked as shocked as the rest of the newborns. The newborns were not aware Evelyn was more than human. This turn of events made the newborns worry, they quickly realized they were out-powered and outnumbered.

However, the fight continued on, the Cullens and the wolves clearly in the lead. The wolves took out many of the newborns, as Evelyn casted many protection charms for the Cullens and the wolves. Many thank you's were shouted her way, whenever there was time.

A red-head entered Evelyn's vision, as did she in Edward's point of view. The two exchanged glance as they turned their attention to her. The woman ran at them, threatening them with her teeth. Evelyn wasn't scared though, she knew they had the upper hand.

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" Evelyn shouted, making Victoria fall to the ground in agony, cracks in her vampiric skin began to appear, making the Cullens and the wolves look her way. There were no more newborns, just Victoria and a very young girl who didn't seem to belong.

"You want her. You want me to feel the pain you felt when I killed James, when I tore him to pieces, when I turned him to ash, when I turned him into nothing." Edward spoke, making Victoria angrier than ever. 

Edward was quick to pull her head from her shoulders and tear her to pieces. Evelyn watched and was quick to pull out her wand.

"Incendio."

♥︎

The fight was over, but the Volturi showed up eventually. The wolves had left, after a wolf by the name of Jacob had been injured by a stray newborn. The Cullens stood together, watching as the Volturi pulled off their robes.

"Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact." Jane spoke, her red eyes peering into Evelyn's soul. Edward stood a bit in front of her, as if to protect her from them. Evelyn knew the Volturi weren't always innocent.

"We were lucky." Carlisle said, holding Esme in his arms respectively. Esme smiled, as she looked at the young girl named Jane.

"I doubt that." Jane spoke, her face showing no emotion whatsoever. The jet black coats of the Volturi eerily reminded Evelyn of the death eaters she had seen. This seemed to scare her more than anything, worrying someone would find her here.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight." Jane's brother, Alec, spoke. His red eyes were the same shade as all of the Volturi, meaning they drank human blood on the regular. This seemed to sicken Evelyn as she sent them an aggravated look.

"Yes, it's not often we're rendered unnecessary." Jane spoke, her red eyes glancing over all of the Cullens.

"If you'd arrived a half hour ago, you would have fulfilled your purpose." Edward spat, holding Evelyn as close to him as he could.

"Pity," Jane spat back, looking behind the group, "you missed one." The Cullens turned around to see Bree Tanner. A young girl in which Riley Biers had turned to join the newborn army. Evelyn felt a pang of sadness for her, for she knew what Jane had planned to do with her.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender."  Carlisle spoke, looking nervous for the young girl. Carlisle knew along with everything else, that she did not deserve this. She was only a child.

"That wasn't yours to offer." Jane looked at the girl, and smiled evilly.

"She didn't know what she was doing," Esme spoke in a rush, watching as Felix was lunging forwards to the girl, "We'll take responsibility for her." Esme hoped Jane would not hurt her, but she knew deep down, it was useless. The Volturi were going to whatever they felt like doing, even Evelyn knew that.

"The Volturi don't give second chances. Keep that in mind. Caius will be interested to know that a human is aware of our kind." Jane looked directly at Evelyn, making her sweat a bit nervously.

"I'm not a human," Evelyn confessed, confusing Jane, "I'm a witch." She spoke, pulling out her wand as proof.

"Ah, I see," Jane eyed the girl curiously, "The Ministry of Magic will be interested to find a pureblood spending so much time with vampires." Jane smiled, thinking she had stirred some nervousness from the witch.

"I'm sure Minister Rufus Scrimgeour has more important things to think about." Evelyn spoke, confident in her retort. Jane seemed angry at this and was quick to shut her up.

"We'll see about that," Jane scoffed, "Take care of the girl, Felix. I'd like to go home." Jane spoke, turning around to leave as Felix killed the girl in front of everyone.