nineteen

"It's true," Carlisle spoke, looking at the ultrasound, "you are pregnant." 

Evelyn smiled, holding Cedric's hand as his face resembled a mess of smiles and laughter. Carlisle looked back at the couple, and smiled for a moment but then became more serious.

"I do see something that could potentially be problematic," Carlisle spoke, "This baby is growing at an incredibly fast rate, and I don't see it slowing down any time soon."

"Potentially problematic?" Evelyn asked, looking worriedly at Cedric, who's expression mimicked her own.

"We'll have to see how this progresses," He spoke, removing the ultrasound jelly from her stomach, "I think this could be worse if you weren't a witch. I have a sneaking suspicion that you having magical blood, along with Cedric's bloodline, is what is keeping you so healthy. The average human body could not withstand such circumstances. For that, I say you are lucky."

Evelyn looked at Cedric, who smiled at her. She was going to be okay, and they were finally going to have their own little family very soon. What could possibly go wrong?

♥︎

As the days pass, the Order manages to inform Evelyn and the Cullen's that Bill and Fleur's wedding had gone well until the death eaters and snatchers had showed up. Cedric and Evelyn were shocked by the news.

Luna Lovegood had been captured by the snatchers, but they did not know her whereabouts. Harry, Hermione, and Ron had left, on the run for snatchers and Voldemort. Harry had been given a task from Dumbledore, but nobody knew what is was, apart from Harry, Hermione and Ron.

Evelyn remembered seeing everyone at their wedding, and was hoping that they would all be alright. They had to be, right?

♥︎

Cedric sat beside Evelyn on the couch. The rest of the Cullens had left to hunt, leaving the newly weds alone. The house was quiet, Cedric was left with nothing to hear but the sound of Evelyn's heartbeat.

However, all of sudden, he thought he heard something. He shuffled around a bit, looking to see if anyone was home. He realized they were completely alone. And then it hit him.

"What's wrong?" Evelyn asked, her hand resting on her already protruding belly.

"Say something else." Cedric asked, as he placed his hand on Evelyn's belly. He knew it was true. Evelyn talked, still confused.

"He likes the sound of your voice." Cedric says, his face focused on the baby. He was reading his mind, still amazing Evelyn.

"You can hear him?"

"His thoughts," Cedric spoke, smiling, "He likes my voice too." Cedric was beaming with happiness. His hand making circles around Evelyn's belly. Evelyn smiled, still in shock.

"What?" Evelyn is shocked, but smiles, "That's amazing."

"I thought he was like me, but he's not. He's just like you. He's happy." Cedric looked up at Evelyn, with love in his eyes. This was his little family. He'd cherish them forever.

"Of course he is. How could he not be? I love you so much." Evelyn spoke to her belly, placing her hand on top of Cedric's. Cedric's eyes met Evelyn's as they smiled and laughed together at this incredible moment.

"He loves you," Cedric looks at Evelyn, "And so do I."

♥︎

"So, have you two thought about names?" Nolan asked, sitting in the living room of the Cullen's house. He had only been there one other time, and that was for the wedding. 

As for Evelyn, he was told about the pregnancy just after Cedric told the Cullens. He was shocked, and worried as he knew humans that carried vampire children, tend to die rather quickly into the pregnancy. He also talked to Carlisle heavily, wanting to keep tabs on his daughter and the status on her health. He knew that she was almost full term within four weeks of pregnancy, but he had expected that with Cedric being the father. Nevertheless, he was excited to greet his first grandchild.

"Yes, we have a little. We're not 100% sure though." Evelyn spoke, rubbing her belly lovingly. Cedric held her hand as he looked at Nolan.

"If it's a boy, Ambrose Edward Diggory, after Amos Diggory," Cedric spoke, looking to Evelyn to finish, "If it's a girl, Adelaye Gwendolyn Diggory, after Mom." With that, Nolan Scamander was in tears.

"Father, don't cry! I hope the names weren't that bad." Evelyn laughed, wondering if he father hated the names. Nolan was quick to shut that down.

"No, no. I'm not crying because they're bad, no. I'm crying, my dear, because they are perfect." Nolan wiped his eye with his finger, as he watched his daughter and her husband beam with pure happiness. It was all he had ever wanted for her.

"Father-" Evelyn was cut off by an intense sharp pain in her abdomen. She gripped onto Cedric's shirt so tight, she nearly ripped it. 

"Evelyn?" Cedric asked, his face growing concerned. Evelyn writhed in pain as she held her belly. The noise seemed to attract all of the Cullens.

"Evelyn? What's wrong?" Carlisle bent down to check on her, he noticed she was in a lot of pain and thought of the worst. It was time.

"The baby..." She spoke, her eyebrows furrowed in pain, "he's coming!"

♥︎

"Just one more push, Evelyn." Carlisle ordered, waiting as Evelyn breathed heavier with every passing second.

"I can't..." Evelyn spoke breathlessly, looking at Cedric. He held her hand and began to brush her hair out of her face. She was sweating and couldn't catch her breath, he wished he could take all of the pain away from her, but he couldn't.

"You have to, Evelyn," Cedric spoke in her ear, "Five more minutes of pain, for a lifetime of happiness. You can do this, Eve. I believe in you."

Evelyn nodded and took several more deep breaths with Cedric in preparation. Evelyn screamed at the top of her lungs as the baby was finally out. With the loud cries of the baby, Evelyn let out a sigh of relief, thankful to be done with birthing the child.

"Surprise!" Carlisle spoke, "It's a girl." He said, cleaning the baby girl and then handing her to Evelyn.

"Oh my goodness, Cedric," Evelyn spoke as she held the baby in her arms, "Adelaye is beautiful."

"She looks just like her mother." Cedric spoke lovingly, looking down at his daughter. She was beautiful.

"Cedric, could you hold her?" Evelyn asked, suddenly feeling very tired. She could barely keep her eyes open as she handed the baby to Cedric.

"Of course." Cedric said, happily taking the baby. He hadn't noticed Evelyn's sudden tiredness but was alerted when Carlisle began to freak out.

"Evelyn?" Carlisle asked, watching as the girl seemed to fall asleep, "Evelyn!" Carlisle felt for her pulse, and felt it slowing. He checked her body and saw that she was bleeding far too much than she should be.

"Carlisle, what's happening?" Cedric noticed how pale Evelyn had become and how small she looked. His face washed over with concern, holding her hand as he talked to Carlisle.

"She's bleeding out," Carlisle sent a knowing look to Cedric, "I think she's dying." He said, gathering his materials and watching her vitals. Her pulse was still there, there was still time to save her. But he'd have to do it fast, she didn't have forever.

"You...you have to do something, Carlisle! Don't let her die." Cedric panicked, not knowing what to do to save her.

"I'm going to have to turn her."

"Wait," Cedric stopped him, as Rosalie entered the room and took the baby, "She wanted me to do it." Cedric watched her body and looked at her vitals. Her pulse was slowing and fast. He had to act now.

"Well then, we don't have much time," Carlisle spoke, keeping an eye on Evelyn's vitals, "you'll have to do it now."