seven

"Get Evelyn out of here." Carlisle spoke to Edward, as he got her into the car and drove away. Everything was happening so fast, Evelyn felt very overwhelmed and she didn't understand it fully. What was going on?

"He's coming after me?" Evelyn asked, frantic as Edward's driving was getting faster and faster and did not seem to be slowing down.

"Listen to me, James is a tracker. The hunt is his obsession. I read his mind. My reaction on the field when he lunged at you set him off. I just made this his most exciting game ever. He's never gonna stop." Edward was enraged and scared. He truly cared for Evelyn and he would do everything in his power to protect her, no matter the cost.

"What do we do?" She asked, scared to know the answer. Though deep down, she already knew.

"We have to kill him. Rip him apart and burn the pieces." Edward spoke so harshly, Evelyn shuddered. She didn't realize that they'd have to kill anyone. This was dark, and Evelyn worried about what it would do to her and Edward.

"Where are we going?" Evelyn asked, trying to take her mind off the inevitable.

"Away from Forks."

♥︎

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're not easy to kill." Jasper spoke as he walked, gathering supplies for all of us. The way Jasper talked, it scared Evelyn. How many times had he killed?

"But not impossible." Emmett said, keeping the position of the optimist of the clan.

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle spoke with remorse, but he knew it would have to be done.

Evelyn was put into a car with Alice and Jasper, but her mind was in a huge tizzy. She couldn't comprehend what anyone was saying. This was far too much than her mind could handle.

"If anything happens, I swear-" Evelyn was worried, not so much for herself, but for Edward. 

"Nothing's gonna happen. There's seven of us and there's two of them, and when everything's done I'm gonna come back and get you. Evelyn, you are my life now." Edward spoke, looking into her eyes.

"I know, and I love you." Evelyn spoke, kissing his hand as the car sped off into the darkness of the night.

♥︎

"What are you doing back there, Evelyn?" Jasper turned around, looking at the girl in the backseat with curious eyes. Alice smiled, clearly having already seen the moment in a vision.

"Calling my owl." Evelyn spoke very nonchalant, and she pulled out a piece of parchment, a quill, and an envelope and began to compose a letter to her father.

"You have an owl?" Jasper asked, a bit shocked and stunned. Alice giggled, watching Jasper's shocked reaction.

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?"

Within a few seconds, Evelyn's owl, Ivy, had flow to the edge of the window and sat in Evelyn's lap. Evelyn fed the owl and the wrapped the letter and addressed it to her father. Evelyn then carefully placed the letter in the owls mouth and sent her off to her father.

"What just happened?" Jasper asked, turning back to see what the strange girl was doing. He had never seen an owl act like that or deliver mail. However, he was intrigued and intended to find out the truth later.

"I sent my father a letter. I let him know I'm alright but that I will be gone for a few days. Nothing too major." Evelyn commented, putting her writing utensils away, and looking out the window.