twenty-one

After explaining the incident to the Cullen's, they recognized that Irina thought that Adelaye was an immortal child. Which, as Cedric explained, was not possible as Adelaye grew every single day and was not bitten. 

The Cullen's decided to start gathering witnesses, and gather they did. The Cullen's travelled across the globe to find witnesses that were willing to testify against the Volturi. They knew it wouldn't be easy, but they had to try.

"Is everything alright? Why didn't you didn't tell us you were coming?" Tonya asked, a member of the Denali coven, as well as Irina's sister.

"Is it Irina? Have you heard from her?" Carmen asked, looking hopefully at Cedric, but he shook his head.

"Not directly," He spoke, "My family is danger. I need your help." Cedric pleaded, watching as the coven tried to comfort him and asked him many questions.

"It's hard to explain, but I need you to be open minded. Can you do that?" Cedric asked, his eyes pleading with everything he has in him. He needs them to trust him, for Adelaye's sake and for Evelyn.

The coven nodded, and Evelyn got Adelaye out of the car. At the first sight of the little girl, the coven freaked.

"The Volturi will come for all of us. You get that thing out of here." The girls spoke in a harsh tone, stepping far away from the trio.

"She's not what she looks like. She has blood in her veins. You can feel her warmth." Cedric spoke, beckoning for her to come forward. Evelyn walked her daughter closer to the coven in hopes of convincing them to help.

"I'm her biological father and Evelyn is her mother." Cedric explained, trying to get them on the same page.

"Impossible." Tonya muttered.

"It's true. I gave birth to her as a human." Evelyn explained, as she held on to Adelaye tightly. She was so scared of losing her daughter, that she held onto her for dear life.

"She can show you, if you let her. She's gifted." Cedric explained, as Adelaye convinced the coven of the truth. They gathered one by one to see the truth for themselves, and they all agreed to join the cause.

They knew most of their friends would face this same fear as well; fear of the Volturi.

"Thank you, it means the world."

♥︎

"Cedric, you didn't tell me your wife was a healer." The man spoke, interrupting the couple as they talked to several loyal friends and witnesses of Carlisle.

"But the ones I've met are so different." Cedric said, his face confused as he looked to Evelyn. Evelyn looked just as confused as Cedric did. The man laughed.

"I'm a what?" Evelyn questioned, looking at the man with curiosity.

"A healer," The man commented, "It's why your healing spells are so powerful, and why the people around you avoid harm." 

"I never knew." Evelyn smiled, realizing that she too was gifted. It brought her great joy to know she could help people, like her daughter. She also thought about the wizarding war. She knew just how much help she could be to them.

"It's really only truly activated as a vampire. But some witches and wizards have the talent, they just don't usually become vampires." He explained, laughing as he watched the girl as she smiled.

"It feels good to be useful."

♥︎

"Will you help us?" Evelyn asked, looking at the Order before her, "I know it's a lot to ask of all of you."

"Of course, we'll help. You are our family, Evelyn." Tonks spoke, as did Remus. They were in.

"You know we're in to cause a bit of trouble." Fred and George Weasley spoke, smiling at each other as they spoke. Evelyn laughed.

"I'm in." Kingsley spoke, his wand in his hand. Cedric smiled from behind Evelyn.

"The Weasley's are willing to help," Molly and Arthur stepped in, as did Bill and Fleur, "we are always up for defending family." Evelyn hugged them all, thanking them profusely. 

This was all for her daughter, she had to do what she had to do to protect Adelaye.

♥︎

"I just can't help thinking that all these people are putting themselves in danger because I fell in love with a human." Cedric spoke, looking at Carlisle for help.

"You found your mate. You deserve to happy." Carlisle spoke, pacing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Cedric shook his head.

"But at what cost?"

"Everyone here has something to fight for," Carlisle spoke quietly, "I certainly do." Carlisle glanced at Esme, and then to the rest of the Cullens. Cedric smiled, as he looked at Evelyn sitting with Adelaye in a tent just feet away from them.

"Carlisle, I've never thanked you for this extraordinary life." Cedric looked at Carlisle, watching his face turn upwards into a smile. He didn't have to say anything, he already knew.

The two glanced into the fire, hoping and praying that their efforts would pay off tomorrow. If not for them, for his daughter, Adelaye.

Evelyn handed Adelaye a locket, watching as she opened it. The moving photograph began to come to life as Adelaye opened it, revealing a picture of her parents laughing together. Adelyne smiled, looking up at her mom.

"The writing on the inside, plus que ma prope vie, means 'more than my life,' Adelaye." Evelyn explained, her fingers feeling over the engraved letters. Adelaye smiled.

"Mom, what's going to happen tomorrow?" Adelaye asked, her eyes filed with worry. Evelyn was quick to comfort her daughter.

"Baby, you're going to be fine. You're going to go with Remus and Tonks if something changes, okay? You'll be safe, I promise." Evelyn explains, wiping Adelaye's tears from her face.

Evelyn hoped and prayed that she could keep that promise, knowing she loved Adelaye more than her own life.