six

"How did you get in here?" Evelyn laughed as she looked across her room to see Edward standing there watching her.

"The window." Edward spoke, as he walked over to her bed and sat down. Evelyn smiled, and he brushed a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"How long have you been doing that?" Evelyn asks, watching as Edward laughs at himself.

"Just the past couple of months. I like watching you sleep. It's kind of fascinating to me." Edward admits, his eyes never leaving hers. 

"That's a bit creepy, but I like it." Evelyn smiles, her fingers lacing themselves between his. Edward looked down at their entwined hands and smirked. Evelyn didn't think twice before pulling him towards her.

She gripped onto his shoulder and snaked one of her hands in his hair and she kissed him. At first he held back, shocked by her sudden action. But he quickly kissed her back, and he moved his hand to cradle her head while the other found her waist. Edward leaned against her more, pushing her back to the bedsheets. Evelyn did not waste time arguing and deepened the kiss, wanting him to take his time with her.

"You're playing a very dangerous game, Scamander." Edward pulled away, feeling a bit intoxicated from her. She made him feel electrified with life as he had never felt it before.

"I know," Evelyn spoke in a low voice, "that's the way I like it."

"It's just...I can never lose control with you. I'd never forgive myself if I hurt you." Edward confessed, pushing himself off of her. She frowned, watching him get tense again.

"Hey, don't go." She spoke, hoping for him to turn around. If she wasn't so stubborn, maybe she'd admit that she did need him. Maybe not for protection, but she needed him in a way only he could be there for her.

"I'm right here."

♥︎

"Are you ready?" Edward asks Evelyn, as they stand next to his car. They stood less than twenty feet away from her house, yet it seemed so far away.

"Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that?" She looked at him, and laughed playfully. Edward smiled down at her.

"I don't know, you seem to be more nervous than I am." Edward commented, straightening up his clothes before looking back at her once more.

"You're going to meet my father, Edward. Of course I'm nervous. Not to mention, he's a wizard and you are a vampire." Evelyn spoke, trying to calm herself down but failing miserably.

"Listen, everything is going to be fine. He's waiting inside for us now." Edward spoke reassuring words to Evelyn and she grabbed his hand and led him inside the house. 

Edward had never seen their house in the daylight before, the only part he had really seen was Evelyn's room and that was only ever at night. To be fair, he had visited her room enough to have memorized what parts of the floor creaks.

"Hello Mr. Scamander. I'm Edward Cullen." Edward introduced himself to Evelyn's father, who seemed to be trapped in a daze. Nolan looked at Evelyn with shock and skepticism. Nolan knew he looked identical to Cedric.

"Hello Mr. Cullen. It's wonderful to finally meet you." Nolan put his hand out and shook the boy's hand, though he couldn't quite shake the eery feeling of seeing his daughter's boyfriend who looks identical to her last one.

"You must be Doctor Cullen's son?" Nolan questioned, looking at the boy who did resemble the doctor he knew.

"Yes, sir." Edward replied formally, making Evelyn and her father smile proudly.

"So polite! Hard to find these days, I'm afraid." Nolan confessed, taking a sip of his cuppa.

"So, father, Edward has invited me to play baseball with his family. Is it alright if I go?" Evelyn asks, waiting for her father to drink his cuppa before answering. Edward smiles at Evelyn, knowing his answer.

"Of course, my dear! It would be rude to decline such an offer." Nolan spoke, smiling as he waved his hand in a gesture. Evelyn was happy with his answer and so was Edward.

"I'll be sure to have her home at a reasonable hour, sir." Edward reassured him, holding onto Evelyn's hand with glee.

"My only request, Mr. Cullen, is that you bring her back to me in one piece," Nolan spoke kindly but sternly, "Other than that, do have a good time. How does that phrase go? Live while you're young, is it?" The man spoke, pondering his youthfulness. Evelyn laughed and nodded to her father who seemed rather happy for her.

"Yes, that's the one." She spoke, smiling.

"Alright, enough chit chat, off you go!"

♥︎

"Since when do vampires like baseball?" Evelyn asked, as Edward put a cap on her head. She readjusted it as Edward answered.

"It's the American past time. And there's a thunderstorm coming, it's the only time we can play. You'll see why." Edward spoke, with a cheeky smile on his face.

Evelyn sat back and watched as the family played an inning of the American game. Evelyn didn't quite understand, but it did manage to remind her of quidditch with all the running around. Hit after thunderous hit, the Cullens were playing one hell of a baseball game.

All of a sudden, Alice's smile fell from her face. Everyone ran to her, as she presumably had a vision. Edward looked stunned as he vampiricly ran to Evelyn's defense. Three strangers came into view in front of the clan, a blonde man, a red-headed woman and a black-haired man. From what Edward could tell her, they were James, Victoria, and Laurent.

Edward attempted to block her view of them, so she couldn't quite hear the conversation, but she was sure Edward would tell her later.

"Could you use three more players?" Laurent asked, looking at the clan with golden eyes.

"Sure. Why not? A few of us were leaving, you can take their place." Carlisle agreed, knowing the only way to get them to go peacefully was by submitting to them a little.

Edward takes Evelyn by the hand and begins to lead her away, but not before a gust of wind blows through her hair and right to James' nose.

"You brought a snack." James said as he lunged towards Evelyn. Evelyn attempted to grab her wand, but Edward stopped her. He knew if she pulled it out, these vampires would spread the word. Evelyn knew he was right, yet she was in danger at the moment.

"The girl is with us. I think it's best if you leave." Carlisle said, as the clan became defensive. Evelyn squeezed Edward's hand, letting him know she was scared. He squeezed back, as if to let her know it would be okay.

"I can see the game is over. We'll go now." Laurent says, pulling the trio back into the woods. They ran, but we all knew.

Everyone knew this was far from over.