eight

"Evelyn, Edward is here!" Evelyn heard her father shout from downstairs, so she took one last look at herself in the mirror and then headed down the stairs.

Somehow, Edward had convinced her that going to prom was a right of passage and that this would be a memory she would never forget. Eventually and reluctantly, Evelyn agreed to go.

As Evelyn began her descent down the stairs, she locked eyes with Edward. She smiled, watching as her swallowed hard. She smirked, knowing what she was doing to him.

"You look perfect." Edward spoke looking into her eyes, Evelyn felt herself swoon, almost losing her balance as she stepped onto the first floor.

"I'll take care of her, Mr. Scamander." Edward spoke, as he took Evelyn's hand in his.

All of a sudden, Edward's head seemed to ache. He tried to hide it as they got into the car, but he placed his hand against it, showing him a vision of some sort.

As Cedric and Evelyn entered the Great Hall for the Yule Ball hand in hand, they noticed how beautiful the Great Hall looked. A path of light spills from the entrance, revealing a darkened hall glimmering with icicles and mistletoe. The house tables had vanished, replaced by dozens of smaller ones, each glowing with lanterns around a central dance floor.

Cedric guided Evelyn to the center, getting prepared for the first dance. Evelyn took a deep breath, and heard the sounds of the quartet begin to play. As they do, they feel their feet begin to move gracefully along with the elegant and traditional music.

Evelyn smiled at Cedric, feeling somehow accomplished that they were even here, dancing together at the Yule Ball. 

Cedric twirled Evelyn, her laugh echoing through the walls of the Great Hall.

Edward was snapped back to reality, as he let go of his head. He looked to Evelyn, confused. What had he seen? He knew he had seen Evelyn, but none of it made sense.

"Edward? What's wrong?" Evelyn asks, extremely concerned. Edward decided to not worry Evelyn, and decided it was best if he kept his odd vision a secret for now.

"Nothing, only that if we don't leave now, we'll be late."

♥︎

Prom was beautiful. Eric and the prom planning committee did such an amazing job with the theme, decorations, and even the music. Angela seemed to be enjoying her time with Eric, and Jessica was showing as much cleavage as she could for Mike. Everything was as it should be.

Edward led her out to the beautifully decorated gazebo out back. Evelyn widened her eyes in shock. The fairy lights had been wrapped around the glazed wood so perfectly, the entire gazebo lit up like stars in the sky. Evelyn was in awe of everything, more importantly, Edward Cullen.

Edward took her left hand in his right hand and placed his left hand upon her hip carefully. He guided her movement with his until she knew what to do. After all, they hadn't had much time to practice.

"Are you alright?" Edward asks randomly, but Evelyn smiles.

"I'm fine, Edward. I promise. I'm just a bit shaken up, that's all." Evelyn explains, gazing into Edward's golden eyes. She's never get tired of seeing those eyes. 

Evelyn does, however, ask Edward one last thing; "Edward, what did you see back at my house?" Edward didn't answer for a moment, pondering what he should say, but he smiled.

"That's simple; you." Evelyn smiled, and decided to not question any further. She was in a state of utter and pure bliss.