sixteen

"You just have to break them in." Alice encouraged, watching as Evelyn scooted across the floor in her heels. 

"I've been breaking them in. For three days." Evelyn laughed, looking at Alice for help, "Can't I just go barefoot?"

"No, absolutely not." Alice gasped, shocked at Evelyn's question. Evelyn sighed, knowing that Alice wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Tomorrow is going to be perfect." Evelyn spoke in awe, watching as the Cullens put some finishing touches on the outdoor wedding venue. Her and Cedric would be married at the Cullen's house, using their woodsy backyard as her ceremony venue as well as the reception.

"That's the first correct thing you've said all afternoon!" Alice cheered happily, pointing Emmett and Rosalie in the right direction for the aisle.

"You, go home and get lots of beauty sleep. That's an-" Alice started to speak, but Evelyn finished for her, knowing what she would say.

"Order. I know." Evelyn laughed, taking her heels off and putting her more comfortable shoes on. Alice hugged the girl and sent her home. After all, tomorrow was going to be a big day. Perhaps the biggest day of her life.

♥︎

Cedric stood in Evelyn's room, watching as she packed the last of her things into neat boxes scattered in her room. The only things that remained were her bed and her desk, things she couldn't pack away immediately.

"Just checking for cold feet." Cedric asked, holding Evelyn in his arms as he searched her eyes for answers, he could not read her mind.

"Well, mine are toasty warm." Evelyn spoke, looking him directly in his eyes. She did have a few lingering questions though.

"That's good to hear." Cedric smiled, sitting down next to Evelyn on her bed.

"Can I ask you one thing though?" Evelyn was nervous, but did her best not to show it. Cedric clearly saw through it, hearing her heartbeat quicken in her chest.

"Anything." He said, brushing his fingers through her hair. He loved her curly blonde hair, just as much as he loved her emerald green eyes.

"Tomorrow, my muggle friends aren't coming. We'll be married as Mr. and Mrs. Cedric Diggory?" She asked, making sure she knew what was happening. 

"That's the plan. Why do you ask?" Cedric answered with a smile, watching her face resemble a smile as well. She smiled, knowing she would no longer be Evelyn Scamander, she would be Evelyn Diggory.

"I knew they would ask too many questions if all of a sudden everyone called you Cedric. They know you as Edward Cullen." She explained her thoughts and he understood. They figured there would be too much confusion for the humans to handle.

"Yes, it is a bit confusing for everyone I think." Cedric laughed, pulling Evelyn closer to him.

"You got that right," Evelyn laughed, "But all of our old magical friends are coming in from London. They are very eager to see you. Especially Amos." Evelyn looked into his eyes as she spoke. His eyes held guilt, and she could see that.

"I know, he's been sending me owl's nonstop since he found out. Someone told him about it as soon as she found out." Cedric looked at her, watching her face become guilty. He sighed, but laughed as he did so. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, but he is your father and he thought you were dead. Even though you're a vampire now, he deserved to know that his son was still alive. I mean, I'd want to know my child was alive." Evelyn explained, caressing Cedric's face with her hand. He loved it when she did that.