eighteen

Evelyn stood in front of the mirror, thinking about that night. 

She smiled, remembering his face as he showed her how much he loved her. She caressed her lips just as he had hours prior. She felt her shoulders the way he had squeezed them effortlessly. 

She smiled, knowing that day and night, would be engraved into her memory for all of eternity.

♥︎

Evelyn and Cedric spent the next two weeks of their honeymoon doing everything and nothing at the same time. 

Isle Esme was beautiful, so they spent a lot of their time together swimming, cliff jumping, and of course doing other things in the water. Evelyn mentally thanked Carlisle for purchasing an island with waters so clear.

With their slight boredom, Evelyn pulled out a wedding gift from the Weasley's; a new game set of wizard's chess. Evelyn watched as Cedric remembered how to play, and beat her about three times, two times of which Evelyn swore he had cheated somehow. 

Cedric had his moments of worry, he spent his nights awake wondering how things were with Voldemort on the loose. He felt bad he couldn't help. But, as he grew closer with Evelyn, he had begun to retain his power. She had been teaching him magic, as Amos had given him his wand back at the wedding. 

Of course, the Order had been made aware that Edward was Cedric, but that he had been turned into a vampire. They were just as shocked and as curious as Evelyn had been, but it all seemed to work itself out.

Though Cedric didn't sleep, he enjoyed his new-found freedom of watching her sleep with an amazing ambience. He mostly enjoyed kissing her goodnight every night without worrying about waking up Nolan Scamander.

The two were free, free from everything bad in the world. All because they were together.

♥︎

"Evelyn, these are our housekeepers, Gustavo and Kaure." Cedric spoke to Evelyn, and then proceeded to speak in an entirely different language. Evelyn only smiled, pretending to know what he had said.

The two housekeepers left the room, presumably to go clean. The woman had given Evelyn a look, but Evelyn didn't understand what it meant. Cedric looked at Evelyn and laughed, as he grabbed her hand and led her to the couch.

"What was that all about?" Evelyn spoke, leaning against the couch with her feet in Cedric's lap. Cedric laughed, and explained.

"She's afraid for you." He explained, holding her legs in his lap. Evelyn was intrigued and genuinely wanted to know more.

"Why?" She asked, watching as Cedric smirked at her mischievously.

"Because I have you here all alone." He smiled, placing his hand on her thigh. She smiled, watching as his hand trailed higher.

"You mean she knows about you?" Evelyn asked.

"She suspects," He spoke, caressing her face, "She's native Ticuna. They have legends about blood-drinking demons who prey on beautiful women." Cedric smirked, leaning forward to kiss Evelyn. 

Evelyn obliged and pulled him in closer, just as the woman came out of their bedroom in shock.

"Monster."

The couple only laughed.

♥︎

Evelyn woke up to their bedroom being a complete mess, yet again. Stuffing from the pillows was everywhere, the bed frame was cracked straight down the middle, and the sheets were strewn. She could only giggle. 

The first thing she noticed was that Cedric was gone.

She walked into the kitchen, finding a note in the process. She glanced at the note that read, 'I've gone to the mainland to hunt, be back when you wake. Cedric.'

"You're late." She spoke, feeling her stomach growl. Tired and hungry, she walked towards the fridge. She looked at her options. Chicken sounded good, but she craved peanut butter more than anything. She decided to eat peanut butter while she cooked the chicken, because that just made sense.

When she finally took the first bite of chicken, she thought it tasted a bit funny. Concerned, she peeled back the chicken from the bone revealing red. It was then she realized the chicken was undercooked. 

Suddenly feeling ill, she ran to the bathroom and became violently ill. Of course, that was when Cedric had finally returned back to Isle Esme. Concerned for his wife, he ran to the bathroom as he saw her hovering over the toilet.

"Evelyn?" He asked, walking over to her and holding her hair back as she got sick. She backed away and close the toilet lid and flushed.

"Don't come in here, you don't need to see this." She spoke, as she found the strength to sit on the toilet lid while she gathered her thoughts. Cedric crouched beneath her, making sure she was alright. He was terribly worried for her, wondering what was going on.

"In sickness and in health, remember?" Cedric spoke, holding her hand in his. She smiled, glad to have such a committed husband. She then asked for her personal bag and he handed it to her gladly. It was then, that Evelyn came to a revelation.

"What is it?" Cedric asked, confused as he watched Evelyn's face grow pale. She wasn't speaking, but it was clear her mind was running in circles. 

"How many days has it been since the wedding?" She asked, walking over to the sink and looking at herself in the mirror. She then turned to Cedric, waiting for his reply.

"Fourteen. Why?" Cedric was growing more concerned by the minute. Why was she asking these questions? Had something happened?

"I'm late." She spoke, as she slowly walked over to the full-length mirror across the room. Was this even possible?

"Late? What are you-" Cedric's face went pale, and Evelyn turned to face him. He looked scared.

"Cedric, I think I'm pregnant." Evelyn spoke, as she turned to the side, revealing a little baby bump. She could see Cedric's face in the mirror.

"I'm...This isn't possible, Evelyn." Cedric looked confused, worried, and traumatized. Evelyn wasn't sure what to make of his reaction. Sure, this was a shock. But would he be mad?

"I think it is."

"This means..." Cedric stopped himself, "I'm going to be a father?" He asked her, walking towards her. Evelyn watched as he placed a gentle hand on her stomach, feeling as the baby kicked.

Evelyn gasped at the sudden movement as Cedric beamed.

"We're gonna be parents!" Cedric cheered, picking Evelyn up and spinning her around. Evelyn smiled at him, and hung her arms around his shoulders, happily.

"We are going to be parents." She repeated, watching as he leaned in to kiss her.

"I guess we'll have to cut our honeymoon short," Cedric spoke, pulling out his phone, "And we've got to tell the family!"