thirteen

"So, will you help us?" Evelyn asked, looking at the pack of shape-shifters. Evelyn had to knock the habit of calling them wolves or werewolves, because as her father told her, they are shape-shifters. They can change into their form at will, while werewolves have no choice. 

"We're not sure. What's in it for us?" Sam Uley, the leader of the pack, spoke. He looked between his pack, wanting to know what they were thinking. Of course, they had the power of telepathy. They knew what they were thinking more than 90% of the time.

"Like we said, the fate of the entire town of Forks in your hands. Thousands of lives could be at stake. Is that not enough for you?" Evelyn moved in front of her father as she questioned their loyalty to the protection of their tribe and the humans of Forks. Nolan, put a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. After all, he had been around magical creatures far more than she had.

"How dangerous are these vampires?" Sam asked, thinking of the reasons why he'd want to fight and risk his pack members. In a way, Evelyn could understand. She, too, would want to protect her family. No matter the cost.

"They're newborns. They're the worst of the worst. They can't control themselves around humans. They would and will kill anyone that moves." Evelyn explained, watching as her father nodded. He knew what vampires were capable of.

"In that case," Sam Uley spoke proudly, "we're in."

♥︎

"Welcome. Jasper had experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them." Carlisle spoke to the whole lot. The Cullens and the wolves. Everyone was present and accounted for.

"They are a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life." Carlisle spoke, mostly getting the wolves up to speed on newborns than anyone else. Evelyn took a deep breath as Jasper stepped up to speak.

"Carlisle's right, that is why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army, but no human army could stand against them. Now, the two most important things to remember are; never let them get their arms around you, they will crush you instantly, and never go for the obvious kill, they will be expecting that and you will lose." Jasper spoke, ordering people to duel. 

Evelyn was no stranger to duelling, as she had been a part of the duelling club at Hogwarts. Evelyn only smiled when Jasper put Evelyn and Edward against each other.

"I'll go easy on you, Eve." Edward spoke, reassuring her that he wouldn't hurt her.

"Will you?" Evelyn laughed, making the Cullens laugh too, "Don't be expecting that from me. I, for one, am not holding back." Evelyn smirked, pulling her wand out.

"Alright...and begin." Jasper called out, watching the two in their prepared stances. Evelyn stood with her wand slightly raised at Edward, while Edward leaned forward a bit. Edward watched Evelyn closely, wondering what spell she's try and cast at him.

As Edward lunged at Evelyn, she quickly stopped him as she raised her wand and shouted, "Flipendo!" 

The spell sent Edward flying nearly ten feet back in the air and landed hard on his back. The Cullens laughed, watching as Edward struggled to stand up. Evelyn walked over to him, grabbing his hand and helped him up.

"Guess you really fell for me, huh?" Evelyn spoke, looking Edward in his eyes flirtatiously. Edward smiled and planted a kiss on her forehead. She'd never get tired of that.

♥︎

"What are you doing outside?" Edward asks, holding the door open for Evelyn. She ran to the door, skipping a step in the process.