Ch. 17: Nova Scotia or Super Nova

Rebel's POV

A week, it's only a week and can I just say ice packs work way better than I thought they did. My back feels better still a nasty bruise but it only hurts at the touch not just in general anymore so I guess upgrade ?

I've told Ace everything I knew, how it was obvious they'd gotten rid of poor Greg and what evidence pointed to that. He's been meeting with the Allies of Coleman to get them to either sign some form of a peace treaty or to have them fully be on our side. He actually just got out of the second meeting while some of us trained.

On the topic of training I need to go talk to him about Sapphire and I's conversation. I grab a water walking to his office giving it a Big Bang before walking in. "Hey I need to speak to you"

He signals for me to close the door before putting down the file he was looking over. "What?" He says flatly

I roll my eyes just coming out with it "I think I need more training"

His eyebrows raise in confusion "more training? You think you need more training? You're a good fighter, good with guns, you know how to be fast and quick, sharp and all why do you think you need more training"

"Well yeah I have the physical shit down but the other things like showing emotion and mentally what to be thinking what to be doing like when it comes to using my brain quickly it's a bit of a struggle, after my dad died I stopped doing this completely, I've been out of the game for 5 years I need things that are going to jog my memory

I know what to do when 3 guys or girls are coming at me at once or if a gun is pointed at my head but if we were ever in a situation where I'd have to remember which cord to cut so that a bomb doesn't go off or how to know which person to believe or else someone dies all while hiding under a resting bitch face so that they don't know I'm panicking on the inside because I haven't done this In 5 years, we are screwed"

He looks at me intensely and I keep going "I need more than just physical training or else I'm just a burden to you and everyone else" I stand up letting out a sigh "think about it and get back to me"

I began walking to the door when he stops me "rebel" I turn around and immediately catch something "I think you deserve that back"

I look down to see the crystal necklace and give him a light smile "go before I change my mind" he grumbles getting back to whatever he was doing.

I close the door behind me smiling down at the little gold specs on the necklace. If you're wondering why I'm not mad, well not mad anymore, it's because I know he has to do what is necessary for his gang and after everything I see how something as small as this necklace can tear things a part. It's so small yet so powerful it's dangerous and needed to be put away.

*  *

"So how are the meetings going, anyone gave any trouble yet?" Nate asks sitting at the bar stool.

"So far everything is running smoothly, key words so far" Ace rolls his eyes "I need you to relay a message to the house for me make sure it gets to everyone"

"no problem what is it"

"Starting next week we are gonna starting doing different training, not just the physical action, what goes on on the mind too" He states and that's when my ears perked up but I stayed silent.

"okay.." he drags it out "what do you mean about that?"

"Like what to do to psych 3 dumbasses out so that they don't know what you're really thinking, so that they don't get the answers they're looking for" Ace pauses for a second " I think it would be beneficial for everyone" A light smile comes on my face