Ch. 11: Mission pt. 1

Rebel's POV

"Guys come on faster you slow pokes" I complain as the guys all walk slowly behind me.

I decided that since I will be living there, I should decorate the room the way I want. I would make up something to Kenny, but I'll think of it later. Right now, we are at Home Depot getting paint for the room. I wanted the walls to be light grey since it will match everything else.

After shopping, the guys brought everything upstairs and we moved everything out it was only Acey, Braxton, Reece, Logan and I. Miranda obviously didn't want to help, and Nate wanted to keep her company.

I put the tarp down and we begin painting the walls while listening to music. We had already done our training for the day and were all tired but knew if we didn't do it now, we'd all be too lazy to do it tomorrow.

I stand on the small ladder and begin climbing when my foot slips and I fall backwards. I land in someone's arms, looking up to see its Braxton. "Braxton... are you falling for me?" I smile.

He raises and eyebrow before setting me down then it was back up the ladder. I was minding my own business when I hear the guys aren't talking anymore. I was going to question it but decided not to. Wrong move.

I feel something going down my back and immediately get down. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Reece was standing in front of me with a paint brush. I connect the dots and gasp touching my back, there was indeed paint there. "And I thought we were friends"

"Hey! At least it was me, they wanted to pour it all over you" He says holding up his hands.

I hear them snicker behind him and grab his paint brush so that there's paint all over my hands I drop it and walk over to them. They all look at me confused to what I'm doing. Standing in front of all three of them I reach up smearing the paint on their faces. No one says anything for a second before Reece busts out laughing.

Braxton open his eyes staring dead at me "You know I can kill someone with a paint brush too"

"Oh shut up Braxton" I scoff walking away.

It gets quiet again and I let out a sigh "I don't think you want to do that, because if you do we will all have a paint on us then we'll have to take showers, go back to Home Depot, get more paint, finish the room, still put together the bed frame and then there will be no time for me to cook dinner since Rosita is off today and we haven't eaten since this morning"

It was still quiet before Ace speaks "Logan put the bucket down"

I give small smile and back to painting it was. "So, what do you guys think Nate and Miranda are doing right now?"

"Well Nates probably trying to have a decent conversation with her while she's being dry and thinking about either ways to seduce Ace or how to kill Monty without actually having to get too close" Reece explains with a chuckle.

"She wouldn't want to get too close" I mutter "Anyone I don't like in arm distance can get slapped at any moment"

"She's probably still mad you have a thing with Ace" Logan shrugs

Both Ace and I lock eyes and shake our heads "We don't have a thing, we aren't dating nor talking"

"But you guys slept together" He says with a confused face.

I turn away from him slowly gliding the roller up the wall "No we didn't, I only said that to get her mad because she was getting on my nerves"

I feel someone's eyes on me and turn to Ace who nods to say I said the right thing, but when he turns around I still feel someone staring at me. My eyes dart to Braxton who is staring dead at me with calculating eyes. I give a small smile turning back to the wall.