Ch. 9: Secrets

Rebel's POV

I wake up in Aces bed. I turn towards him to see him laying on his stomach his arms folded under his head as he softly and quietly snores. I stare at him for a moment before throwing the cover off me and walking out his room to the bathroom. He had one in his room but I didn't want him to think I'm invading his privacy.

I redo my bun and brush my teeth washing my face as well. I look at my phone to see it's about 9am, usually I used to wake up at 11 but I've got used to 9 even though that doesn't change that I'm still not a morning person. I walk down the stairs and into the dining room.

There was a seat next to Acey and on the other side of him was Nate then an open seat. I go for the one next to Ace to ask him how I fell asleep in his room. As I near the seat I see out the corner of my eye Miranda coming over I hurry and sit down before she could shove me out the way.

I hear her let out a quiet sigh before taking the seat next to Nate. I do a victory dance in my head before stopping. Why the hell am I so happy to be sitting next to Ace I mean yeah he's a good kisser and all but like we've said before of me and Ace were to ever date it'd create an explosion it just wouldn't work.

"So Miranda do you remember anything from last night?" I ask staring at her.

She thinks for a moment before frowning shaking her head "No it's like I blacked out but I do remember being in your room, I'm so sorry for the mess I made"

"So nothing else?" She again shakes her head and I nod slowly. Sure...

Sometime through out breakfast Miranda closed the blinds and put the curtain over them and turned on the light. She barely ate her food and complained about having a major hangover, I wonder why...

"So Ace why did I wake up in your bed?" I ask

Everyone turns towards me with confused expressions. "You woke up.. in his bed? How drunk did you two get last night?" Reece laughs

"Not that way dumbass" Ace grumbles "And after we ate those edibles plus being a little buzzed we just crashed"

I nod "Makes sense"

"Monty's a stoner?" Logan questions

"She drinks and smokes, what else does she do" Miranda comments laughing. I chuckle pursing my lips together, for some reason that seemed more like an insult but I'll leave it be.

"I don't smoke cigarettes though now that's just nasty" I get up from the table.

Putting my plate in the sink I walk upstairs throwing on some loose shorts and shirt to go for a run around the house. I'm trying to get my mind off Miranda when a body is now running next to mine. "Shit you scared the hell out of me"

"My bad" He laughs

"Is there something I can help you with Reeces Cup" I smile at him

"Reeces Cup?"

"I'll think of something better" I grumble and he laughs.

"Anyways I just saw how tense you were at breakfast, is there something wrong with you and Miranda? I thought you guys were friends" He questions

"We are it's just weird I don't know how to explain it, I can't trust her all the way it's like she says things and laughs like it's a joke but under all of it it's like I can hear it as an insult" I try explaining feeling weird with the whole topic "Has anything happened between her and Ace like sexually?"

"If it has I wouldn't know about it but I doubt it, Miranda has liked him since she first saw him but she's too clingy and preppy and shit" He states and I nod.