Ch. 10: Confessions

Rebel's POV

"I've never met my mother it's like she had me and vanished, my dad didn't like talking about her either so I don't even know what she looks like,  being in this business and being high in the business he knew he had to keep me a secret so that's exactly what he did, he made sure no one knew of me, I still went to school until I was 14 and he trained me guns, knives, fighting, everything that was up until he was killed, I always tell him I would find his killer and kill him myself" I explain and they all just stare at me "You guys have to understand why I couldn't tell anyone, after he died when I was 16 I moved to my grandparents house and decided to never be apart of this life but I guess it just comes to me"

"I understand surprisingly, mostly because I almost admired your father, he did the right things whether he killed or not it was always for the good, he also killed my father and I don't blame him, he was a piece of shit who deserved it, but who's this rebel person?" Ace asks and to say I am shocked is an understatement.

"Rebel is my real name"

"So you lied to us about your name?" Logan questions

"No everyone calls me Monty it's from my last name Montgomery, people rarely call me Rebel" I sigh

"I don't know why, it definitely fits you" Braxton states staring at me curiously.

"If you guys don't believe me I can go get a picture" I offer

"Go get the picture"

"I believe you" Ace and Miranda say at the same time.

"She lies to us and you guys are just gonna believe her automatically" Miranda questions then turns to me "Not that I don't I'm just making sure" She smiles and I stare and her with an impassive face, she's starting to get on my nerves.

"She didn't completely lie and it was for a good reason she's the daughter of one of our leaders, you respect her just like you would've respected him" Reece explains giving me a small smile which I returned.

"Okay guys look we already had an encounter with Hendrix today and I'm sure he won't pull anything twice in a day so... get some rest Mo- Rebel, in an hour meet me in my office" Ace states and I nod.

Everyone goes about their business except for 1 person and that person was surprisingly Braxton. "I know you hate me Braxton and I know you hate me more for not saying the truth"

"Stop, I don't hate you I see Ace respects you even if he doesn't show it, if he has enough trust to keep you around then so do I" He explains

I give him a small smile "thanks Braxton"

"But don't go over board then I'd have to kill you" He winks still with an impassive face. I chuckle and go upstairs.

I know I've already taken a shower today but I'm taking another one. Showers are good for everything letting the hot water go against your skin calms me.

* *

After my extremely long shower. I leave my curls how they are putting in some conditioner. It's not that I don't like my curls it's just that they are a lot to handle but they are actually really pretty, they are shoulder length and when they dry they get a little bit more puffy.

I go inside the room and take out the one thing I really didn't want to but I didn't feel like putting in my contacts right now. I put on my glasses checking myself in the mirror. "They aren't that bad I actually think I look cute right now, eh it will be short lived"

I take out a picture of my dad and I putting it in my back pocket. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where everyone basically was.

"Woah, new look huh?" Logan asks