Ch. 36: 11 Weeks

Rebel's POV

"How's Sadie liking it here?" I had gave Nova the week off of training to be with her mom showing her around and everything. They had gone out everyday, with some security of course, even taking Reece along with them.

"She loves it, she especially loves the casino" Her eyes roll "She used to do that online but now that it's in person she is overfilled with joy"

"Does she gamble hard?" I smirk

"No mostly just slot machines if she tries to do Russian roulette or something I'm telling them to not let her in again" I laugh pushing the cart. Right now we were picking up some las minute things for Ace's birthday party in 2 days. There wasn't really a theme but we'd most likely be in the pool and in the house. It was still hot with it being the middle of August. I invited some of his other friends which included Jason and Sapphire and of course baby Riley. Also Avery and Ralphy and Matti of course. I was gonna get him a cake tomorrow, Rosita said she'd make him his favorite cake of all but a personal one.

I go to pick up a super soaker when my phone rings. I step away from the cart and Nova and answer it. "Hello?"

"Hello Ms. Montgomery this is Doctor Va" My ears perk up and I feel my heart beating a little faster.

"Oh hello" I didn't know what to say.

"So as you know I did take your sample to the lab and after some tests I'd like to say congratulations you're pregnant" As the words left her mouth I froze. My heart stopped beating, I stopped breathing. Everything was silent. I knew she was saying something into the phone but I didn't know what that was. I let out an exhale and bit my lip anxiously. "Ms. Montgomery are you there?"

"Y-yes sorry what did you say?" I look back at Nova to see her still looking at different things on the isle.

"I said we'd like you to come in as soon as possible for an ultrasound just to make sure how far along you are an everything does tomorrow morning at 11 sound good?" 

"Yes I'll be there" 

"Okay see you tomorrow" The call ended and I feel like eyes water before I suck it back up taking a few deep breaths and walking back to the girl who was waiting patiently for me.

"Monty? You okay?" I see from the corner of my eye that she was looking at me with a concerned expression. 

I turn to her smiling "I'm good just Logan playing some stupid prank on me"

She lets out a small laugh nodding before we continued on walking. When we get home I couldn't help but think how could I not have noticed earlier. The being tired, throwing up, increase in smell and headaches. Why was I so in denial?  I walk up to my room putting the decorations in the closet so Ace wouldn't see them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not gonna lie for the rest of the day I was kind of avoiding Ace. I don't know if he noticed or not but I just couldn't look at him after hearing the new information. I was pregnant.. with his child. Both of our first child. We are gang leaders this world is too dangerous for a innocent little baby. I don't even know if Ace wants kids we never talked about it because we've only been dating for a couple months. He's gonna think I'm a slut! How could you let this happen Rebel HOW?!

I was deep in thought when arms came around me snaking around my stomach. The palm of his hand was flat on my stomach and my eyes widened. "Are you avoiding me?"

I plaster on a fake smile turning around in his arms. "Of course not why would I need to avoid you?"

He's eyes were calculating me "You tell me" I don't say anything and just smile.