Ch. 41: What is Happening !?

Rebel's POV

"Thank you so much Logan it truly means a lot to me" Miranda wipes her eyes as she stares at the painting of her and Nate together. It was very big something she can hang up in her room.

"No problem" He gives her a sad smile. I was very proud of both of them I can't lie. They truly have been getting along, Logan has been there for her like any regular big brother would.

She walks away going upstairs and I give him a thumbs up "I'm happy you guys are getting along but can I ask why it took someone to die for you to be nice to her?"

"I know it's kind of messed up, but My dad was the best person in my life I was broken when he died, he loved me unconditionally. Miranda's mom didn't truly care for her she was just there but Nate he loved her he cared for her and now he's gone the first person to really see her is gone and I know she's broken, and I feel sorry for her" He explains, and I nod agreeing.

"Understandable" Is all I say rubbing my stomach. I can't wait to find out what we're having I got a month more to go before I can know but mentally, I already do. I get up walking out to the backyard. Sam was sitting on the edge of the pool dangling her feet in the water while Nova swam around.

"Come on just get in I know your hot from training earlier and that was one of the intense sessions" Nova tried to pursue her, but she just shook her head. We allowed her to train with us see how far she could go, and this girl was like a vault. She barely broke a sweat.

"I don't know how to swim" She mutters looking down at her feet.

"And why's that?" I ask coming into view.

"I was kept like harry potter remember" She rolls her eyes "I didn't have play time even as a kid"

Nova looks at her with sad eyes and Sam scoffs "What's with you? You've been looking at me with those eyes the last few days now. Don't pity me just because you don't know what it's like treat me regular"

"Don't be so rude Sam" I snap "If there's one person you could talk to about any trauma from them it's her so calm your tits"

She looks over at Nova scanning her "Sorry but what do you mean?"

Nova gives her a small smile, pulling herself out the pool right next to us. "I'm just going to give the short version because I hate thinking about that bloody man for even a second. I was sold to them by my so-called father for money to buy drugs when I was 18. I was a stripper for them and used for their... needs... I was beaten and drugged and starved until they took me away from them and I could not be more grateful."

"That explains the accent. Your mom let all this happen?" Sam asks

"God no my parents were divorced he took me on his week to have me and I never seen her again until recently, she's actually moving here to the states"

"That's good at least you still have one parent better than nothing" Sam shrugs but I know it's affecting her even if she isn't showing it. I wanted to tell her about grandma and grandpa who would take her in without a second guess but I knew it was too soon.

Before anyone could say anything else Ace comes outside with Braxton waving a paper around. "Your test results are here"

"Do we really need to do this? We all know they are related" I sigh

"Yes we do" Braxton takes the paper practically ripping it and reads it over. All of us are staring t him trying to catch any emotions but of course there is none "Congratulations, we are part of the same fucked up tree"

He walks away throwing the paper in the trash, Sam looks at all of us "I mean is it really a good thing?"

"As good as it's gonna get around here" Ace nods "So Sam I've been thinking you are clearly highly trained, so when you left or ran away I'm assuming you made special marks in your head on how to get back, am I right?"