Ch. 27: Be Patient with Me

Rebel's POV

"I'm lost" Ace looks so confused it makes me want to laugh.

"She looked like me but paler and her eyes were a lighter color of mine like honey and her hair was curly like mine. She looked exactly like me but she wasn't biracial like me. She looked fully Caucasian or whatever else my birth giver was." I space out thinking of the girl under the hood that night.

"So you think your mom had another daughter?" He questions "But how you look like your dad wouldn't that mean he had another kid?"

I shake my head at him "No I might look like my dad in some aspects or angles but if I show you one single picture of my mother you'd see that I am her twin her replica and that girl, The girl I seen that night, she's the 3rd copy just with a few tweaks"

"How old did she look? Did she look older younger?" He starts typing in his computer.

"She looked the exact same age as me. She was skillfully trained like me not as good but damn there" I didn't understand any of it.

"And she's part of Hendrix gang. Did your mom know who your dad was and what he did?  Maybe she did it as pay back in a way but who's the father?" We both look at each other with not a clue in the world.

"I don't know but I'm getting a headache from all of this can we maybe talk about it tomorrow?" I look down at my hands and he quietly continues to type on his computer muttering a 'sure' "And can we please not tell this to anyone? At least not for now"

Another sure comes out of him and then it was just a comfortable silence. I lie down on the small couch scrolling through my phone while he was still typing away. I was searching for a desk and chair and desktop monitors all for my side of the office. I laugh when I see a pink neon sign of a dick and immediately add it to my cart. I go to tell Acey but decide to make it a surprise. Then a knock was heard. 'Come in' we both yell and in walks Matti with a bunch of boxes.

"Here we thought you would want these. It's all the files your dad had on anyone and any gang ever invented in Reno. They're in alphabetic order by last name and the first letter of the gang that person was in" He sets them down smiling.

"And the whole way I've been telling him you guys have almost everything on a hard drive these days" Remi walks in rolling his eyes. "So is this your new office?" 

"Um kind of. We're sharing it because I told him to be my partner in being the head leader" I look at them and they just stare at us.

"Cool. Well I should get going I have a situation I have to go deal with at home" He winks at me before walking out. I turn to Ace to see him with a deadpanned face and laugh.

"Thank you Matti for bringing them" I give him a hug

"No problem kiddo. I'll catch you guys later" 

We leave from the office walking to the kitchen. "So I was thinking next week we can go to the lake house it's about an hour away. We'd stay for two nights. I was gonna have some of my well trusted men watch over and contact us if anything happens. It's just a good break everyone needs it" He shrugs and I nod 

"That'd be fun let's do it" I smile at him.

*                   *

"Are we sure that's the best option right now with everything?" Braxton raises an eyebrow at us.

"It's just a good way to let lose. Everything that's been going on has gotten everyone tense. You guys need 2 nights of fun come on guys please?" I was asking because I wanted them to relax a bit but that wasn't the only reason.