Ch. 4: Night Visits

Rebel's POV

"Why haven't you call me you whore?!" I yell through the phone "I miss you Kenny"

"I know babes me too and I'm sorry I've been busy unpacking and stuff" he explains how he takes care of his mom and has already started looking for a job out there. I listen closely wanting him to release any stress he has "Wait that's not your bed.. where are you?" He gasps and I look at him confused "Have you already replaced me!?"

"SHH! No I haven't replaced you, things have been crazy since you left- yesterday" I shake my head trying to get the thoughts out.

"Tell me all about it Monty" He looks at me with a serious face and I just couldn't he wouldn't understand any of it and I don't want to put him in any type of danger just by knowing.

"I'm staying with a friend of my dads because I accidentally set my room on fire" I know it's a lie but he didn't need to know that.

"Monty how many times have I told you about leaving your candles lit at night" He scolds and I just give him a half smile. His mom calls for him signaling he has to go "Love you talk to you later"

I give a quick love you too and end the call. I let out a small scream when I look up to see Braxton leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. His natural glare intact "Can I help you?"

"Was that your boyfriend?" It was such a simple question but his voice held some kind of authority in it like I need to answer him.

"Ken? No he's gay and my best friend plus only friend" I say quickly not seeing why it concerned him.

"Why are you here if you have him?" His voice sounded annoyed.

"1 he doesn't live here anymore sadly and 2 why does it annoy so much I'm here?" I stand up crossing arms over my chest my eyes narrowing at him "Look Braxton sorry for whatever I've done like for invading your home, look I'll find somewhere else to stay in a few days trust me I don't want to have to deal with your bullshit"

He looks at me for a few seconds before turning around and leaving. I let out a huff walking out and closing the door behind me. Ace appears downstairs in the middle of the hallway "Braxton let's go, emergency" They have a conversation with their eyes and he rushes downstairs.

Me, being the kind person I am, go downstairs to help with whatever emergency. I follow them when Ace suddenly stops making me run into his back. He whips around facing me "What do you think you're doing?"

I back up a little "Helping with the emergency obviously" His stare is making me feel uncomfortable and small- yep that shit needs to go ASAP.

"We don't need your help" He seethes "You'll be nothing but a distraction and wouldn't know what to do, you'd be nothing but a frightened little girl"

"Calm down big bad wolf don't need you huffing and puffing all over my face, I just thought someone was hurt what are you talking about?" I raise an eyebrow at him "And did you forget this 'frightened little girl' pulled a gun out on pervy and escaped from him and his rats?... Just wanted to make myself useful"

"Well make yourself useful and go away, we will all be back later on maybe tonight there will only be Rosita and a couple of other guys around the house maybe you can go be useful in the kitchen with her" He slams the door in my face.

My eyes widen, that son of a bitch basically just said I belong in the kitchen, Sexist mother fucker.

*  *

"What is all this?" Reece asks swiping his finger across one of the cakes tasting it. Miranda right behind them, I look at her with a questioning look.