Ch. 18: Caught Feelings?

Reblel's POV

"You hungry ?" I ask Nova coming back into the room. She has barely slept the past couple days, well she has barely slept at night. During the day she rests her body and I just stay around so that she doesn't get anymore nightmares. They are really bad, Ace has let me skip a couple trainings to help her out but I can see he starting to get slightly annoyed since I am the one who suggested doing those kind of sessions yet I'm not even there.

"Not really" she shrugs taking a sip of her water. She has rarely eaten which isn't good, she's going to continue to be weak and low on energy if she doesn't start doing so soon.

"Ahh come on you know how good Rosita's shrimp and grits are" I try persuading her to eat with us.

She was going to say something when Logan came in "Sorry to interrupt ladies but if you two don't get down there now there wont be anything left, they're animals"

"They are animals?" I question he nods "Oh yeah? and how many bowls have you had?"

He shakes his head at me "That's irrelevant" Then peaks his head around me "Super Nova, you eating with us today?"

Super Nova was his nickname for her. She didn't mind it, actually said it was better than being called Candy. Every time I think about that it makes me want to go to the UK kill her father then come back and kill Vincent. People truly are sick bastards.

"Uh sure I'll go" she says quietly and my head snaps to her "Really? I ask you a couple times and all he has to do is call you Super Nova and you crack"

She gives me a slight smile taking in my playfulness "I am pretty hungry now"

I get up grabbing her hand and we all walk back down to the dining room. She puts enough in her bowl thanking Rosita on the way.

We sit down and Nova started to eat but suddenly stopped looking down at her hands. I look at her confused, changed her mind maybe ?

"You're not going to eat?" Reece asks her confused. She shakes her head then looks up at someone. I follow her eyes to see a glaring Miranda.

Quick backstory, Miranda is jealous that Braxton and Ace let Nova in with open arms like they did with me and how everyone basically gets along with her better than they do to her. She seriously has issues.

"Miranda drop the hard act you're not going to pick on her knowing she's not gonna stick up for herself" I glare at her now "Just accept the fact that not everyone is gonna like you and move on with your life"

"Why can't you ever mind your business Rebel?" She sneers at me

"Okay enough I don't have time for a cat fight today" Ace rolls his eyes taking in a  big spoon full of grits.

"Okay maybe with Rebel I can understand but she WORKED for the dickhead and you still let her in no questions asked? She gives you some sob story and you fall at her feet? Some gang leader you are" She chuckles next thing I know there's a knife going past her head and in the wall.

"You might want to calm down or next time I won't 'miss'" He gives her the hardest glare ever making even me shut my mouth. She looks away from him silently eating her food. That's right eat up little piggy.

"Anyways" he rolls his eyes then looks at me "Will you be attending training later?"

I shake my head at him "I'll be with Nova we think it's a good day to dye her hair maybe style it a bit just so she can at least start getting back to her old self"

He takes in a deep sigh but nods anyways "After today everyone attends training I don't want to hear any excuses" His eyes weren't on me yet I knew he was subbing me. A chain of 'Yes Sir's went around the room before falling back into small talks.