i

Ashwin got out of his car, slamming the door behind and looked up at the large resort infront of him. Everyone was probably already there. He was excited to see everyone, but the bitter memories that happened on that particular day flashed through his mind.

His phone rang obnoxiously and he looked at it. It was Tanya, his PR manager. Sighing he answered the phone, "Yeah, tell me."

"Ennathu tell me? I seriously don't understand you Ashwin, you turned down an opportunity to star in a reality dance show aparam etho oru resort ku poi yaarayo paakarenu pore? You're being really ridic-," she blabbered away incessantly.

Ashwin interrupted her and said, "Tanya, naa solirken la CWC thavira na entha show um panamaten. I don't care if they're offering me a billion dollars. And ivunga yaaro kedaiyathu, en family."

"Periya family, 5 varushama yaarum pesikarthilla. Etho nadanthurku aana yaarkum therithu. Ithula family vera."

Tanya, although well meaning, had the tendency to overstep her boundaries sometimes. "Okay listen, I don't need to hear this from you. Rendu naal than, and I won't do that show even if I was not coming here."

Tanya grumbled, "Okay fine, sorry. But antha Singing show ku kandipa unna special guest ah koopta naa kandipa okay soliduven."

Ashwin smiled and said, "Special guest ah enga venalum poren, contestant ah poga matten."

"Okay okay, Raghav rombha torture panran naa aparam koopadren, bye!."

Shoving his phone down his pocket, he entered the huge resort filled with palm trees and swimming pools at every sight. He greeted the receptionist and repeated Pugazh's name. He first wanted to sit in his room for a while before meeting them.

Truthfully, he doesn't know why he showed up to this reunion as well. The way things ended between most of everyone in CWC season 2 was not friendly. So many things transpired, so many fights. Logically, he would've avoided all of them at any given situation. However, he couldn't help but have a sliver of hope that things maybe could be right after so many years.

His suitcase was in a corner. The room was luxiorous by itself. Plush furniture, shiny chandeliers and vintage decors. Over the last five years, CWC contestants had established themselves as successful people in their respective careers. Pugazh was the most wanted comedian of this age. Pavitra became a sought after actress, that he had managed to do a film with. He was still friendly with these two. He himself, had a national award and other blockbuster films.

And of course there was her. A world renowned singer now. Every music director wanted a piece of her. She even sung a song for a film he starred in. But he skillfully avoided meeting her. Her voice, he would say, was the only thing that hadn't changed in 5 years. Still sweet and magical.

He wondered if she would ever sing that song for him again.

Sighing, he went outside deciding it was time to meet everyone.

He dialed Pugazh's number, looking over the huge window that was in his corridor.

"Mappilai?"

That name stuck even after 5 years.

"Machan na vandhu freshen up aaiten. Neengalm enga irukinga?"