x

Five years ago….

March 14th, 2021
6:03 PM.

Prashanth nervously paced all over the room. Today was the day. Today was the day he was going to tell Sivaangi about his feelings. Prashanth was about to go outside when his phone rang, it was Baba Bhaskar Master.

"Sollunga Master."

"Dei Prashanth, enga da iruka? Veetuku varen sonna, ellarum inga than irukanga," Master said.

"Tho kelambiten Master. Athu.. Ava irukala anga?"

"Itha mattum akkaraya kelu. Inga than iruka, seekaram va."

Prashanth hurriedly exited his room almost bumping into his brother, Karthik.

"Dei, enga da ivalo avasarama pora?" Karthik asked.

Prashanth scratched his head sheepishly and Karthik understood, "Ohh avala paaka pora. Rightu Rightu kelambu."

Despite being an Assistant Director on CWC, everyone there treated him like family. He found love of all shapes and sizes with them. He got on his bike when he got another call from Parthiv Anna,

"Dei Prashanth, aparama warehouse poi konjam props eduthutu variya? Adutha varam wild card la," Parthiv Anna said.

"Aan okay na, naa Master veetuku poren, anga poitu naa warehouse poren."

"Super da. Neeye antha disturbance panra props list avangkitta kaatu. Ashwin, Master, Kani thane finalists? So avangu than disturbance pannna mudiyum."

"Okay okay, naa pathukaren," Prashanth said as he started his bike. Soon enough he reached Master's house, butterflies erupting in his stomach.

"Dei! Vaada," Ashwin said, hooking an arm around his shoulder. Over the past few months, Ashwin had become super close with him, almost like an elder brother.

Master gave him a hug, as Prashanth scanned the room.

Master smiled teasingly, "Enna da? Vantha Odane yaarayo thedara, antha anjadi perfume ah?"

Prashant shook his head, "Apadi lam illa Master, naa Pugazh enganu thedinen."

Ashwin's smile dropped a little bit. It had been a little over a month since he found out about Prashanth's crush on Sivaangi. He didn't want to interfere with his feelings, if Sivaangi liked Prashanth too then he wouldn't interfere at all. In his mind, Prashanth and her made a better match. He was young, her age, outgoing, loving. Opposite of him.

"Inniku soliduven na," Prashanth said to him. Ashwin gave him a pained smile and said, "All the best."

Prashanth spotted Sivaangi but was too shy to go over and speak to her. There was no need for that because the moment she saw him she waved enthusiastically and said, "Dei Prashanthu! Ivalo naala enga iruntha."

Banter like that went on for some time before Prashanth said, "Anna, naa marakarthuki munadi solidren. Wild card prop list enkitta iruku, ungaluku ethu venumnu sollunga naa warehouse poi eduthutu varen," he gave them his phone with the list.

"Kani akka inga ilaya da," Ashwin said.

"Naa avunga kitta aparam kettu eduthutu varen."

Ashwin nodded and soon enough they told them what they would need. Prashanth got up to go outside and found Sivaangi standing there, on the phone with someone. Sivaangi smiled at him and he felt the words get stuck in his throat, and the butterflies flutter faster.