ii

It was raining heavily in the resort, therefore everyone was stuck inside. Sivaangi was lost in thought. It has been five years since she has properly seen everybody here.

Truth be told, there was one person she really wanted to see. It absolutely frustrated her, how much ever she wanted to be mad at him or avoid him, she couldn't. Not when he was so close by.
Those few months of being together kept her going till now.

A knock came on her door and her train of thoughts were cut short. She opened the door and it was Ashwin. Messy hair, late at night, in his night clothes. Ashwin was standing at her doorstep.

An amused smile came on her face and she leaned against the door frame.

"Enna sir ku en nyabagam lam varuthu?" she asked, relishing the way he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

He wanted to scream and tell her that he was of her thoughts 24/7.

"Romba bore aadichudhu, athan enna pandrenu paka vanthen," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Sivaangi hummed, suppressing a smile before moving to the side to let him in. Ashwin walked into the room, which pretty much looked like his except for a smaller bed.

"Coffee?" she asked. Ashwin nodded and sat down on the sofa. She still looked pretty much the same, very beautiful but still the same. He had heard of how she had been offered roles in films as well, but turned them down.

She handed him a cup before sitting down next to him.

"Aparam, enna vishayam?" she asked and Ashwin narrowed his eyes at her.

"Were you always this boring?", he asked. Sivaangi looked at him offended and said, "Seri, appo neengale ethavathu interesting ah sollunga."

He set his cup down and stood up and paced around the room for some time before stopping infront of her. "Seri okay oru paatu padu."

Sivaangi sighed and sank into the sofa, "Ada poya eppapathalum paatu paada solra."

Ashwin clicked his tongue in disappointment and sat down next to her, "Romba naal aparam kekaren, paadu."

Sivaangi looked at him, contemplating for a moment. Sighing, she gave in and sat up straight.
"Enna paatu?"

"Snehidane."

Sivaangi looked at him inquiringly for which he just shrugged.

Snehidhanae snehidhanae
Ragasiya snehidhanae

Chinna chinnadhaai korikkaigal
Sevikodu snehidhanae

Idhae azhutham azhutham
Idhae anaippu anaippu

Vaazhvin ellai varai
Vendum vendum

Vaazhvin ellai varai
Vendum vendum

Snehidhanae snehidhanae
Ragasiya snehidhanae

Sivaangi opened her eyes to find Ashwin staring at her intensely. Her body tingled with some unknown sensation under his gaze and she looked away.

"Your voice is still amazing," he said.

Sivaangi smiled at the complement and said, "Naa romba naal indha paata padala."

"Yen?".

Sivaangi looked at him wordlessly and he understood. The song was too loaded with emotions and memories for her to sing freely. Even, he hadn't heard the song in a while. After hearing her sing it, he couldn't like any other version.