vii

double double dhamaka 😁

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Enna solringa? Serial killer ah?," Ashwin asked. Vishnu sighed and said, "Naan ellarkittayum senthu solran. Sivaangi um irukatum."

Ashwin nodded, his head lost in what Vishnu just said. The memories of everything came flooding in, holding his heart hostage. He would recognise that anywhere, how could he not notice?

"Mappilai,"

Ashwin broke out of his trance and looked at Pugazh.

"Enna achu? Romba nerama naa kooptutu irunthen."

Ashwin shook his head, "Illa machan, onnum illa. Just tired ah iruku."

Pugazh said, "Seri mapillai, neeyum poi rest edu. Naa inga common room la thongaren. Just in case."

Ashwin nodded and told him to stay safe before walking back into Sivaangi's room. She was sleeping as peacefully as he'd ever seen her. If he could only take everything that happened in the past five years, he would, in a blink of an eye.

He settled himself on the couch, and tried to sleep but failed. The thought that he was still alive and ready to hurt all of them kept ringing around his head. Thus began his most restless night ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, everyone assembled around the common room. Sivaangi seemed better than yesterday and Darsha too was alright, although a little quiet.

"Vishnu vanthutaram. He's coming up," Pavitra said.

Soon enough Vishnu came inside along with Ram. "How are you both," he asked Sivaangi and Darsha and they both nodded.

Vishnu gave them a smile and said, "Okay, before I say anything there's something you guys need to know."

The room grew silent and Vishnu continued, "Ennaku Darsha va munadiya theriyum. For almost two years, naanga love panrom."

Murmurs spread across the room and Ashwin asked, "Yen itha mundadiye solala?"

Vishnu sighed, "I didn't know who to trust. Ennaku ungala pathi theriyathu, naa enga relationship pathi sonna, thevai illama avaluku prachanai vara koodthunu nenaichen."

He continued, "Athunala than. Unga kitta ethayum naa solala. From my side, all of you were suspects. Until now. Nethiku nadantha vechu pakum bothu, ungaluku ethume theriyathu nu ennaky therinjirchu. Especially after two of your own got hurt."

"Seri, anna intha case kum enaglukum enna samandham?," Pavitra asked.

"Do you guys know about the 2023 murders?"

Vishnu couldn't figure whether they knew or not with the way the room was silent.

"In summer of 2023, a series of murders happened in Chennai. Random ah. Victim profile la entha connection um illa. Same murder weapon was used three times, a pair of scissors. Main suspect, Karthik Subramanian. Ex Inspector. My ex best friend."

Everyone looked at him in shock, trying to process the information.

"Athukum, ithukum enna samandham?" Master asked.

"Naangalum entha samandhamum illanu than nenachom. Aana, Darsha ku oru text vanthathu aparam than, we connected it," Vishnu said

"Darsha ka?"

Darsha nodded faintly and spoke in a hoarse voice, "Karthik ennoda ex. CWC mudinju naanga relationship la irunthom. Aana naa romba busy aaiten, athuvum illama avan controlling, possessive. Chumma na yaaravathu potu adipan. En fans neraiya pera adichirkan. Engaluku break up aanathuku aparam than, avan than antha kolaya senjurkan. Avan sathiyama innum kovama irupan-"