iii

Elsewhere in the resort, actress Darsha Gupta was panicking. She had received such a strange text in the middle of the night, right around the time of the murder. She pulled out her phone to see it again,

Everyone is being watched.

A shiver ran down her spine and she quickly shoved her phone back inside her purse. Taking a few deep breathes, she walked out of the room. She had to meet up with him at some cost. There was no point in keeping this from him.

She walked down the hallway and saw Sivaangi and Pugazh at the end of the hallway, conversing quietly.

"Akka?", Sivaangi asked with a smile upon seeing her. Darsha gave her a small smile in return, "Saptingala?.

"Saapten ma, just oru walk polamnu vela vanthen." Sivaangi nodded in acknowledgment and asked,

"Nethu night neenga irunthingala akka?"

Panic settled in Darsha's stomach and she warily looked at the ground before finding that Pugazh was looking at her suspiciously.

She cleared her throat and said, "Ila ma, naa nalla thoongiten. Night la police vandhadhuku aparam than ennake theriyum."

"Oh okay okay ka." Sivaangi said. Darsha gave her a weak smile and said, 'Seri naa chumma oru walk poitu varen."

Sivaangi nodded and Darsha turned around not wanting to meet Pugazh's eyes.

"Darsha."

She stopped in her tracks and turned around slowly to look at him. Pugazh scanned her face and Darsha looked away from his intense gaze.

"Bathrama poitu va."

Darsha gave him a faint smile and nodded, and hurried out of the hallway. She didn't know why he was suspicious of her. Maybe he saw the text somehow?

She knew she couldn't go out of the resort she went as far away from their block and pulled out her phone to dial his number. She unlocked her phone, and suddenly there were hands over her eyes. She yelped and struggled against their grip.

"Hey! Hey, naanthan."

Her body visibly relaxed when she recognized the voice.

"Vishnu, kaiya edu."

The inspector compiled and removed his hands. She turned around to see a teasing smile on his face.

"It's not funny, naa evalo bayanthuten theriyuma?" she said.

"Sorry baby, you just looked so lost athunala,' he trailed off. "Seri ethuku avasarama vara sonne?"

Darsha sighed and said, "Ennalamo nadanthurku edhukunu kekara. Naa inga Pondicherry ku vandhadhe unna pakka than, aana ipadi policekarana illa."

Vishnu sat down on the bench, "Athunala enna, now I have an excuse to come see you here."

Darsha looked at him in disbelief, "Velaiyadraya, inga kola nadanthurku. Nee edho picnic pora mamthiri enna paaka varenu solra."

Vishnu furrowed his eyebrows and said, "Nee epovume ivalo tension aagamatiya. Edhavadhu problem ah?"

Darsha looked at her boyfriend of 2 years and slumped her shoulders. She took a seat next to him and fished out her phone from her bag.

"Nethiku kola nadantha same time, intha message ennaku vanthuchu."

Vishnu scanned the text and was set deep in thought. A few moments later he said, "Unnaku neriaya fanboys message anupuvanga la?"