chapter one

Dragging your feet towards your classroom, you let out a long, tired yawn while scratching the back of your head. It's your fault that you only got four hours of sleep last night because you binge-watched your favorite anime. Ah! I will not do this on a school day again!

As you enter the room, you notice everyone whispering and looking in the same direction.

Don't go near him! Some says he punch someone just because he's hungry!

They said that he lit a car because he's not in the mood.

Is he a delinquent? They accepted him here? He's dangerous.

You put your bag down at your desk, wondering who they're talking about. You then scan the room, looking for Hina. She's not here yet. You paused when your eyes caught an unfamiliar creature.

Oh! He must be our new classmate. You though as you approached him to interact.

"Hi!" You greeted him with a smile that made the whole class hush. The silence lasted for a short while as it was replaced by murmurs and whispers.

She's talking to him!

Does she want to die?

y/n, you will be missed.

I'll bring biscuits!

I'll bring coffee!

"So you're the new guy. Some say you're a delinquent. Did you really punch a guy because you were hungry? Lit a car because you were in a bad mood? Asking for a friend."

You could hear the whole class gasping loudly, waiting for his answer. He slowly turned his head your way and looked at you with his sharp eyes.

"Do you have a death wish?" He asked in a low but serious tone, trying to intimidate you.

"Eh? No need to be aggressive. I just want to say hello, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I just want you to feel welcome in this class." You leaned in closer to whisper the next words. "Just play along, so you can fit in. I believe they were afraid of you."

You jumped from your place when he stood up, and man! He's tall. You straighten up, and he grabbed your collar, lifting you a little. The whispers are now getting louder.

He stares at you for a while and you stared back, fighting for dominance and also, to examine his face. He has long black hair and a cute pair of fangs. Over all, he's not a bad looking dude.

When he noticed that you were unfazed by his scare tactics, he put you down. "Talk to me again and you're dead." He said in a low tone as he went back to his seat.

"What? What did you say? We're friends now? Okay!"

You could see the confusion in his face as he snapped his head in your direction.

"What? I didn't say that!"

You just smiled at him, and as you were about to say something, the teacher came in.

"Please take your seat!" Your homeroom teacher said, and the entire class rushed to their seats. At the door, you could see Hina running for her life, as she was already a minute late.

"y/n! I heard that you talked to Baji. Is it true?" Hina asked in a worried tone. It's now lunchtime, and you're in line to buy food in your school's cafeteria.

"Baji?" You answered, tilting your head to the side. I swear, I've heard that name before.

"Yeah! The new classmate? Long-haired dude with fangs?"