chapter eight

Since it is lunchtime, you and Hina decided to go to the cafeteria and get some food. You're happily humming a song as you make your way there."Bazinga! Hate nyo'y gasolina!" You suddenly sang the chorus, causing Hina to flinch.

"You're extra happy today, y/n," Hina commented while her hands were on her chest.

"Didn't you see earlier?"

"Didn't see what?"

"I greeted Baji and he said—" You deepened your voice, mimicking Baji. "Yo"

"Oh. That's nice. You're getting close to him,"

"Yes! You know what? I attended their gang meeting for the first time last-last week, and it was cool! I'm thinking about joining Toman."

"y/n!" Hina exclaimed with her eyes wide open.

"Kidding! But I became friends with their short leader."

"Hey! Don't say that!" Takemichi exclaimed as he walked alongside Hina. He's just showing up everywhere.

"Why?" you asked, tilting your head to the side.

"He may look," he leaned in close to whisper, "short," then stood straight, "but he's dangerous! I saw him kick some six-footers with my two eyes, and the tall guy went flying."

"Really?" You paused as you imagined him smiling like a child when he saw the dorayaki you brought to their hideout the last time you visited. 

"Nah, he's just like a kid; he even became angry when Draken forgot the flag of his kiddie meal, so no, Takemichi." You shook your head. "I refuse to believe you."

"Look at those two, sharing the same brain cells," Mitsuya said, pointing to you and Mikey, who were laughing together as if you were in your own world.

"I let her come with me once, and now she's here every day," Baji said as his brows furrowed when he saw Mikey, patting your head like a kitten.

"She baited him with food, which is why Mikey is always looking for her,"

"Well, isn't that nice? Mikey's been in a good mood these past few days," Draken said.

Baji didn't say anything and just scratched his head before approaching you. He wanted you to be safe, but you'd been hanging out with Mikey and the others for weeks now, increasing your risk of being hurt.

"Oi. Can I talk to you?" Baji asked, clutching your wrist. Confused, you shifted your gaze to his hand, then to his face.

"Sure, what is it about?" You asked while biting the dorayaki.

"Just come with me." As he was about to pull you away, Mikey suddenly wrapped his hands around you to stop Baji.

"Hey! She's mine." Mikey said, pouting.

"Mikey! She's not an object that you can possess." Baji explained.

"Well," He turned his head to you. "y/n, can I be your boyfriend?"

Mikey's question caught you off guard, causing you to choke on the bread you were eating.

"Mikey!" Baji exclaimed. Why does that sound angry? But I always sound angry... right?

"What? Baji? You sound like a jealous boyfriend. Is there something you're not telling me?" Mikey asked as his eyes darkened.

"Water," you interrupted them, repeatedly punching your chest. Mikey and Baji looked at you and began to panic. They looked around and found a water bottle near you. They both grabbed it at the same time.