chapter eighteen

Two more months passed and everything went smoothly; your job, at home, Baji, and your friends. This is much better than living with your parents. You can now smile genuinely, enjoy the food, and see tomorrow in a positive way. There's nothing more you could ask for.

Today is your day off, and you've decided to spend it with your friends because you've missed bringing food to the boys.

Mikey stands in the center after finishing the food you brought. "I have an announcement to make!" he says. Your heart starts racing as if you know what he's going to say.

"The gang that rules Yokohama, Tenjiku is challenging us in a brawl! and as of the moment, Toman has 300 members! Including Valhalla which we absorbed. This fight will determine who's the strongest gang! This is our chance to prove to them how powerful Tokyo Manji Gang is!"

"Yeah!!!" They all said in chorus.

"The fight will take place five days from now so prepare yourselves! We'll be having a meeting at the shrine this evening. Tell your members!" Mikey added.

Five days? That's after the closing ceremony.

After the announcement, Baji sits next to you. "Hey." He said.

"Another fight, huh?"

"Yeah! We're one step closer to being recognized throughout the country."

"But isn't it too dangerous? The gang rules in Yokohama which mean they're strong like Toman."

"It's fine, love. I'm sure Toman will win!"

"Yeah! I know you will win." You said and let out a sad smile.

"Hey! I know you... you're worrying again."

"I can't help it. It's a brawl! It's like lowkey killing each other."

Baji chuckled. "But I'm strong, remember?"

"Yeah, I know. Just be careful, okay?"

"I will! for you." He paused for a while. "Hey! Why don't we go on a date today."

"Today? As in now?"

"Yeah! It's only 10:00 in the morning we can still go to an amusement park or something."

"O-Okay! sure!"

Baji drove the motorbike to the amusement park. When you were a kid, your parents used to bring you and your brother there, but since Haru's death, your family has stopped doing so.

"Wow! This is nice, Baji." You said, looking around.

Baji's eyebrows furrowed and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Why you look upset? Don't you like it here?"

"It's love, not Baji." He said, pouting a little. Your eyes light up as you see this rare side of him.

"I forgot." You said, teasing him. I want to see more of it.

Baji remains silent, so you lightly shake your head and walk toward him. You then tiptoe your feet to mess with his hair.

"Sorry, love," You said and smiled.

Baji turned his head to the side and ignored you. You pouted and thought of another way to get his attention. "Ow! My eyes!" You exclaimed, holding your left eye.

"What? What is it? Let me see?" Baji panickily looked back, holding your hand and removing them from your eyes. He then leaned in to examine your eyes. You took advantage of the situation by holding his face and kissing his lips quickly.