chapter thirty

"Hi, y/n! Good morning!" Baji greeted you with a smile. You were taken aback a little as you were not expecting him to greet you first. You really thought that he will ignore you after that talk yesterday.

"Good morning, Baji?" you responded, confused. You didn't know what to say, so you quickly bowed and went to your seat. Baji followed quietly and placed a bento on your desk.

"If you want to win someone back, Give them food." He said with a smile showing his fangs.

"Baji..."

"You never gave up on me when I pushed you away, you did everything to be my friend, you helped me make friends in school, you never left my side for six months when I lost my memories... you ensured a lot because of me."

"Baji endured not ensured," you sighed and quickly realized that you corrected him unconsciously. You shut your eyes tightly, mentally scolding yourself. You then heard Baji chuckle which made you more embarrassed.

"Don't laugh at me," you replied, looking at him, but taken aback by his stare. It's the same way he looks at you before.

"Now it's my turn, y/n. I won't force you to forgive me in an instant but I won't give up as well. Even if you push me off the cliff I will still come running back to you. I will do everything to win you back." Baji leans closer but not too close for him to invade your personal space. "Prepare yourself. I will not go anywhere." He said before going back to his seat, leaving you dumbfounded.

At lunch, You and Hina look for a spot where few students are around. "Oh! You brought a bento. I thought you said you don't have time to prepare, so you'll buy lunch instead?" Hina said, pointing to the one you're carrying.

You glance at the bento that you're holding before returning your gaze to your friend. "Ah... Baji gave this to me earlier. I don't like wasting food so I accepted it. He also told me that he will not give up on me."

"How do you feel about that?"

"To be honest, I don't know, Hina. I still love him, but at the same time, I just want to move forward and forget everything."

Hina smiles and takes your hand in hers. "It's fine if you take your time thinking; you're not at fault if you're conflicted and still wants to be with him, and it's also not your fault if you decide to move forward without him, so follow your heart, okay?"

You stare at Hina and she's shining like some goddess or something, "Hina, your words of wisdom are so immaculate."

Hina chuckled as she pointed to your bento. "Come on, let's see what he's got for you," Hina said. As you lifted the lid, you both took time to stare at the bento. It has a bed of rice in it with a design of a... face? You're not quite sure if it's a face of a human or a cat.

"Is that supposed to be you?" Hina asked. You looked at her and shrugged your shoulders. "He made that himself, I can tell." She added.

There's curry in there, the potatoes and carrots were sliced unevenly, the sauce is incredibly thick, and there's an orange peel to the side stabbed with cute cat toothpicks. It's a mess, yet it made your heart skip a beat. He took the time to make this for you, and it made you somewhat happy.

You shake your head. y/n, l/n. You will not give in just because of food!

"What are you doing here?" Mikey said as he stood beside Baji. It's been three weeks since his memories have returned and Baji did his best to get your attention. From cooking you lunch, to carrying your bag, to giving gifts and flowers, to pestering you to drive you home... He's literally everywhere.