chapter twelve

Baji thought you were cute earlier, and your concern for him makes his heart flutter for some reason. I had no intention of kissing her. My feelings were overwhelming, and my body acted on its own. Lost in his thoughts, Baji didn't hear that his mother is calling him.

"Keisuke!" She said, tapping her son's shoulders.

"Ma! Yeah... huh?"

"I said, take y/n home. It's already dark,"

"Ah, it's fine Mrs. Baji. I can still catch a train."

"Nope. We don't let girls go home alone in this household. Keisuke will drive you, y/n."

You looked down, feeling a bit shy. You already had dinner with them and now, you will trouble Baji to drive you home. "Thank you, Mrs. Baji."

"Don't be shy, eh? You're always welcome here so, Keisuke bring her here more often. I want to know more about my future daughter-in-law."

"Ma!" Baji exclaimed and faced you. "Oi. Are you done?"

"Yeah?"

"We're going home." He said, grabbing your wrist.

"Wait. I will help with the dishes."

"It's fine, y/n. Go on, have a mini-date or whatever you call it nowadays."

"Date—" You shut your mouth and bowed at Baji's mother. "Thank you for inviting me."

"You're welcome, dear."

"We're leaving, Ma."

"Have fun, kids!" Baji's mother said, waving her hands.

Baji dragged you out of their apartment and didn't utter a single word, but you noticed that his ear are super red. He's embarrassed.

"Look, I'm sorry about my mother. She was just—ecstatic for no reason."

"It's fine. She looks like a fun mom, I like it."

"She is."

Silence filled the air as his gaze locked on yours. You immediately recall what happened earlier and avert your gaze. Baji snapped out of his daze and quickly looked away. He then took his spare helmet from his bike and put them on you.

The ride was quiet. You have no idea what to say or how to start a conversation, so you have remained silent the entire time.

Twenty minutes later, you reached your house. Ah, I wish we have more time, you thought as you hopped down from his bike and returned his helmet.

"Thank you for dinner... and the ride."

"Yeah."

You both fell silent, waiting for the other to speak. You're not ready to go inside just yet, but the silence is killing you, and the longer the silence, the more awkward it'd be to stand there doing nothing.

"Well, I should get inside. You drive safe, Baji."

"Yeah. Good night, y/n."

"Good night." You slightly bowed and started to walk away. Three steps later, Baji called you.

"Hey."

You halted and quickly faced him. "Hmm?" You hummed, tilting your head to the side.

"About... About what happened earlier, I'm sorry..." Baji held the back of his neck, rubbing them, "I didn't mean... well, I intended to uhm... to kiss you, but..." He paused to think of the right words to say. "If you felt violated... I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, Baji! I didn't feel violated at all because if I did, you'd probably have a black eye now," You said with a smile.

Baji was relieved. He doesn't show it, but he was really scared. He doesn't want you to despise him now that you're getting along so well.