chapter twenty-two

After what happened at the hideout, Yuri and Baji grew a lot closer. They become inseparable to the point where the entire class notices and teases them about how good they look together. It hurts a lot, yes, but you're still doing your best to make him remember what you two had, even though it's difficult for you because he never even tries to look in your direction.

He hears you but never listens. You think that he's still mad at you for not apologizing to Yuri. Even though you have repeatedly told him that you did not do anything, he does not believe you.

You're getting tired at this point, but you promised yourself that you'd keep going because you love him and know deep inside of him, his love for you is still there... He just needs to remember it. Will he remember it?

A month has passed, and Yuri is hanging out more often at the hideout, bringing food for the boys. To avoid conflict, you decided to lessen your visits there. I don't want to repeat what happened last time. I want to get to the good side of Baji.

You feel like the family you have now is being slowly taken away from you, and it makes you sad to think about it all. I never felt so alone again.

It's the weekend you're changing the light bulb in your room because the old ones doesn't work anymore. Another week has passed with still no progress between you, and Baji. In their home, he ignores you as if you don't exist.

"Oi, what are you doing?"

"Holy mother of—" You almost jump out of the chair you are standing upon hearing his voice. It startled you that you held your chest to feel the heartbeat.

"I said what are you doing?"

"Ah." You looked behind you and saw Baji leaning on his side on the door frame with his arms crossed against his chest. "Lights... Change... Lights."

"The chair that you're standing in is swaying. You might fall." He said in a serious tone and walked inside your room. As he walks closer, your heart is starting to beat fast. His effects on me are still the same. Wait, he's not mad at me anymore?

"Hand me the bulb." He instructed and you obliged. "Move."

"Ah, Yes." You said and were about to step down from the chair when it suddenly wobbled, causing you to hold onto his shoulders. "God, that was close," you mumbled, looking down. When you realized what you had done, your gaze was drawn back to him.

His eyebrows furrows, and you can clearly see that he's starting to get annoyed. "Ah! Sorry!" You quickly let go of him, but the chair wobbles again, causing you to fall backward.

Shit, this will hurt. You thought and closed your eyes as you readied yourself for the impact, but instead of a hard floor, you felt a warm arm around your waist, pulling you.

What? You opened your eyes to see what happened and were surprised to see yourself leaning against his chest with his one arm around your waist. He had me caught.

"What are you waiting for? Get down."

"Ah. Yes. I'm sorry," You said and slowly stepped down from the chair. Your cheeks are now burning, and your heart is out of control. Is it hot in here?

"It's fine. It was an accident," he said as he removed the chair and replaced the light bulb.

"Woah. Perks of a tall person," you whispered. He looks at you and you look away.

"There."

"Thank you for helping me. It really means a lot to me. Are you hungry? do you want me to cook you peyoung for you?" You paused when you saw his annoyed expression. "As... As thank you!" You added.