chapter three

"Good Morning Baji!" You greeted him with full of energy. He stopped writing and looked up to see you. What's with her annoying smile early in the morning? He thought.

With his look-at-me-and-I'm-going-set-you-on-fire expressions, he put the earphones on without breaking his eye contact. Your smile faded as you watched him return to his writing, completely ignoring your presence. You didn't have much of a choice but to return to your desk.

"After I helped you with your math assignment there is no Thank you y/n, let's be friends" You mumbled.

You reached your desk and were about to put your bag down when you saw a can of orange juice, placed on your table. C'mon! who left their garbage here? You picked it up to throw it away when you realized it was heavy. You looked at the lid, and it was unopened.

"Whose juice is this?" You asked, raising your arms, and showing your class the can. Everyone, including Baji, turned to look at you. You looked around the classroom and noticed that all of your classmates were shaking their heads.

"No one? None? Okay! I'll take it! Thanks!"

Finders keepers. I asked but no one claimed it. You thought and before you opened it, you looked around once more, and caught Baji looking at you. You waved at him but he snapped his head away.

Tch. Snob.

You gazed through the door and noticed Hina approaching you. She had just finished speaking with Takemichi outside. "Good morning, Hina! Thank you for this," you said, showing her the juice you were drinking.

"Good morning to you, too, y/n!" She greeted back with the most angelic smile. "Ah, but that's not from me." She added, pointing at the juice.

"Oh. Then who left it on my desk? I asked everyone and they all shook their heads."

"Maybe the one who left it wanted you to have it."

"But why they didn't give it to me in person? I don't bite, you know,"

Hina chuckled. "Maybe they were shy or something like that."

"Oh... Maybe you're right."

The class ended and you didn't see Baji during lunch break. You searched for him everywhere but you really couldn't find him. You just saw him back at his desk when you and Hina returned from the rooftop.

You got up early to prepare a bento for him because cafeteria food can sometimes taste the same, but you didn't have a chance to give it to Baji. You eventually gave it to Takemichi instead because you don't want to waste food.

"y/n don't be sad. You'll find him at lunch tomorrow." Hina said while tapping your shoulders.

"I woke up at 5:00 in the morning to just make tiny Baji rice balls. Do you know how hard to shape those angry eyes?"

"Cheer up, y/n. Your bento is delicious!" Takemichi said with a smile, attempting to lift your spirits.

"Thank you, Takemichi! at least someone appreciates it. Sorry, you have to eat Baji's head."

"That sounded weird but it's fine, y/n."

The three of you are now on the way to the station. Takemichi and Hina were in front of you, holding hands while talking about something that the two of them only understand, and you're at the back third wheeling. I never felt this single in my entire life.

You're looking around when you notice a tall man with long black hair walking with a guy of average height I think I'm taller than him. His hair is undercut and blonde at the top.