chapter four

Baji is now at the Toman's hideout, sitting outside the building. Mikey called all the founding members together with their vice-captains regarding their fight against Moebius.

"You've been staring at that for almost an hour. If you don't want to eat it give it to me!" Chifuyu said as he sat beside Baji.

"You have yours! This is mine!"

"That y/n girl... She's—weirdly nice, eh?"

"She's annoying and loud, but yeah, she's nice. She helped me with my math assignment."

"Then why are you cold towards her?

"She keeps insisting on being my friend, but she must not get involved with me."

"Why? Isn't that nice? Someone wants to be your friend in your new school."

"We're dependent, Chifuyu. She might get hurt if she hangs out with us."

"Delinquent, Baji" Chufuyu sighed and shook his head. Baji never fails to amuse him with his new vocabulary every day. 

"It's the same." Baji whispered. There is silence for a while before Chifuyu speaks again.

"Are you thinking about what happened to Pa-chin's guy?"

"Yeah...That," he said, pausing to play with the chocolate in his hand... "Our world is dangerous for her; she might end up like Pah guy's girlfriend if she becomes my friend."

"Yeah. Given that we're delinquent, but aren't you strong enough to protect her?"

"Good morning Baji!" You greeted, waving at him. He didn't even raise his head to look at you. It's like you're an apparition that he can't see. You pouted and marched your way to his desk.

"Here!" you said, placing a bento on his desk. "I thought I'd give it to you now because it's hard to find you at lunch." You leaned in to whisper, your hand covering the side of my mouth. "You need energy if you're going to fight some bad people again," Baji snapped his head, looking at you with those cold, stop-talking-or-I-will-kill-you stares.

You ignored him and reached for your bag to grab something. "This is for Chifuyu, Please give it to him. It's milk. This will help him grow. I've read somewhere that a guy will grow until the age of twenty-one so he needs to drink milk!"

"You really are loud, aren't you?" he said coldly.

"Finally, you talk!"

"Tch."

"Can I watch when you guys fight again? Promise I'll hide well."

Baji stood up, causing his chair to make a loud sound. He then held your wrist and pulled you out of the classroom. You could hear loud gasps coming from your classmates.

"No! Don't worry guys we're friends! We'll just talk. Baji is a nice guy!"

He let go of your hand when you both reached a place where there were few students passing by.

"This is not a game y/n. People are seriously getting hurt during gang wars. Better distract yourself from me."

"Distract?" You pause and think for a second. "Ah! Did you mean distance? I don't want to!"

"Why are you so stopburn?"

"Stubborn"

"It's the same."

"No, it isn't," you replied. He put his hands against the wall, caging you. He then leaned forward to match your eye level. You tried to back up a little, but your back was already against the wall.