chapter twenty-one

You're carrying the notebooks that your homeroom teacher asked you to bring to your classroom. Head full of thoughts about Baji and Yuri, your body suddenly stiffens when you see Yuri walking in the hallway, all smiles while greeting the other students. You tried to turn around, but she had already seen you, so you had no choice but to keep walking and pretend you hadn't seen her.

As you are about to walk past her, Yuri suddenly stops in front of you.

"Hi! y/n, right?" She asked, smiling at you.

"Ah. Yeah."

"Good morning, y/n! Here, let me help you."

"Oh it's fine I can do this,"

"I insist! That looks heavy." She said while taking half of the notebooks from your hand. You can no longer resist, so you simply let her be and hope that this interaction ends soon. You know it's rude to think that way, and it's not her fault that Baji is talking to her, but you can't help but envy her... and you know somehow deep down inside, you're threatened and afraid that he might fall for her. After all, she's beautiful, and kind to everyone.

"You're friends with Mikey and Hinata right?" She asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Uhm... Yeah."

"Keisuke told me that Mikey is the commander of their gang... What does it call?" She paused to think. "Right! Tokyo Manji Gang!"

Keisuke? She's calling him by his first name already? How close they actually are? You thought, grasping the notebooks tightly.

"y/n?"

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? You look pale. Do you feel sick? If you don't feel well, I can accompany you to the clinic."

"No. No. I'm fine... What's your question again?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Well, It's about Mikey. I heard from Keisuke that he's the commander of Tokyo Manji Gang?"

"Yeah... Yeah, He is."

"So you're friends with Keisuke too, right?"

"Ah... yeah... We know each other."

"Really? But I haven't seen you two hang out. Are you close to him?"

"We—" You paused, gulping a few times. It's painful as if you're swallowing shards of glass. "We're not that...Uhm—"

"Well, If that's the case, can we be friends?" She asks, cutting your words. She then stops walking and looks at you, smiling sweetly.

"I want to be friends with Keisuke's friends." She added.

"I—" You stared at her for a moment, unsure of what to say. You don't want to act impolite and turn her down coldly. You also can't say no. I don't want you near my boyfriend because she has no idea what happened between you and Baji.

After a few seconds of thinking, you forced a smile. "Yeah. Okay..."

"Great! Now I have two friends in class!"

After class, you attended your club activity. It helps you to divert your attention away from Baji. Thinking about him constantly drains your energy so fast, and seeing him getting closer and closer to Yuri is eating you alive. What's worse of it all is that you can't do anything. You can't stop them, you can't be jealous because you need to understand his situation and have a lot of patience. The only thing you can do for now is hope that one day his memories come back.