Chapter 34

Finley's P.O.V

I was waiting outside impatiently when Eli finally pulled up next to me. I got in the car and slammed the door. "You're late," I told him.

"Yeah, well, I came as soon as I could, I can't fucking teleport," Eli grumbled, driving out of the parking lot.

I immediately felt bad. "Sorry," I apologized, leaning forward and kissing him on the cheek.

Eli grumbled again, but I could tell that he wasn't really mad anymore. "Yeah yeah, sure you are."

"Well, what do you want me to do to make it up to you?" I asked him.

Eli turned to me, a hopeful smile on his face and a mischevious look in his eye. "Tell me what my Christmas present is?" he tried.

I smiled. "Not gonna happen, and keep your eyes on the road!"

Eli looked back at the road and steadied the car. "Right, sorry. So where are we going again?"

"Ashton's house," I told him, settling back in my seat and put on my seatbelt.

"Which is where?" Eli prompted.

"Oh yeah!" I exclaimed then told him the address.

Eli turned on the right street and drove a little while. I could see muscles working in his jaw, which only happened when Eli got pissed. And he was pissed.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked timidly.

"No," Eli all but growled.

"You're mad at something," I decided, crossing my arms. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Eli said slowly, a hint of anger in his voice.

"You're mad," I said in a small voice. "Why won't you tell me why?"

"Because I don't want to worry you," Eli sighed, glancing over at me and when he saw me his eyes softened considerably, but he was still angry.

"You're worrying me now," I pointed out.

Eli sighed. "You're not going to let this go, are you?"

"Nope," I smiled slightly, pleased by my, alright, small victory but a victory nonetheless. "So are you gonna tell me?"

"Nope," Eli said, turning on another street.

My mouth opened a bit in shock. "Why not?" I questioned.

"Because," Eli replied childishly.

"Don't be childish," I said.

"Who, me?" he asked, feigning innocence. I stuck my tongue out at him. "Hey!" he exclaimed, pointing at me. "Now who's childish?"

"What's wrong?" I whined.

"Nothing," Eli said, his tone back to being angry instead of happy.

"Fine," I pouted, but then a slightly sinister idea came to mind. "Fine, I know other ways I can get you to tell me."

"What-" Eli started but I cut him off by leaning closer.

"Eli," I whispered in his ear, putting my hand on his thigh.

"Fin," Eli warned. "I'm driving."

"So?" I asked, still right next to him, bringing my hand up his thigh. I kept going until I was quite close to a certain part of his anatomy when Eli jerked away, swerving a bit with his car.

"Fin! What the fuck!" he exclaimed, focusing on the road for a second before turning back to me. "Why would you do that to an unsuspecting boy?"

I shrugged. "You wouldn't tell me, so..."