Chapter 53

Finley's P.O.V

I could feel my heart seize up as busted flashed through my head. Eli looked pissed; his fists were clenched at his sides and his jaw was tightened. I gulped.

"I can explain,-" I started but Eli cut me off.

"You better."

I clenched my own jaw as Eli's sarcastic remark rubbed me the wrong way. "Well, I could if you would stop interrupting me!" I snapped.

Eli looked taken aback. "Um, well, continue," he coughed.

I scowled at him before speaking. "Not here, let's go somewhere more private."

"Here," Eli went off and he led me towards the front doors and my eyes widened as I realized where we were going.

"No way, I am not skipping school," I protested, digging my heels in the ground.

Eli gave an exasperated sigh. "Jesus, lighten up."

"Sorry for wanting to do something good with my life," I said, surprising myself with all the sarcastic comments I was making.

Eli shot me such a murderous glare that I shut up instantly, fiddling with my sweater paws.

"We're not skipping, relax," he said. "We're going to go sit in my car during lunch."

"Fine," I said and followed him to his car.

He opened the door for me a d sat on his own side. Once we were settled, he turned to me expectedly.

My mouth suddenly felt dry. I had promised Allie that I would tell him, and he saw me with Trey in the guidance office, so the cAt was pretty much out of the bag, but it was still hard to say the words.

"Trey tried to rape me," the words were barely a whisper, but Eli heard them.

"What?" He asked, his voicd low and deadly. "I'm going to kill him," he hissed, already getting up.

"No!" I protested, putting a hand on his arm.

Eli turned around slowly. "Why not? Did you like it, is that why? Are you gonna go for him now?"

"Eli!" I said, shocked and hurt. Why would he even think that? Tears started to form in my eyes.

Eli saw that and immediaely backtracked. "Oh shit, no, I didn't mean that. I'm sorry, I'm stressed out and this just made it worse and oh God, I want to protect you but I didn't-"

"Eli, I'm okay," I said, bring my hands up to frame his face. "Look at me, I'm fine. He didn't do anything. He tackled me, but then I screamed and he stopped and I had an anxiety attack and then he threw up and apologized a bunch of times. I was going to report him today, but he got to it first."

"What do you mean, he reported himself?" Eli questioned, closing his eyes as his breathing slowed as he closed his eyes.

"He's schizophrenic," I whispered. "The guidance counselor told me. Apparently there are voixes in his head that tell him to do bad things, and then he himself tries to stop himself. The bad voices told him to rape me and he turned himself in to stop the voices."

"I don't care," Eli said, jerking away from my touch. "He still tried to hurt you, and I'm going to hurt him."

"Don't," I said persistantly. "He's sick, Eli."

"Don't they have medication for that?" He said. "And besides, he still fucking tried."

"But he won't anymore," I said. "He's going to get expelled, and the police may get involved."