Chapter 25

Finley's P.O.V

I looked at Eli and he mirrored my confusion. What the hell was going on?

I got out of the car and saw someone stomp out of the house, the porch light flickering on. Someone else framed the doorway and from the physique I knew it was Luke. So that was Allie...

What the hell?

"So what, you're running away?" Luke yelled. "Like a coward?"

Allie whirled around, her hair fanning out behind her. "What? It's not like you wanted me here anyway!"

Eli and I exchanged glances, our expressions a mixture of confusion and shock. How had Luke and Allie, the perfect couple, come to this?

I started walking closer as Luke took a couple steps forward, face to face with Allie.

"Don't go guilt-tripping me, Allie," he said.

"Me? What? You're the one who asked me to leave!" Allie shouted.

"Because you were being dramatic!" Luke exclaimed.

My dad appeared in the doorway, startling me as I stood on the porch silently observing the fight as Eli stood behind me.

"What's going on?" I asked quietly.

"I'm not sure," he answered. "Allie came storming down the stairs with Luke following her."

"I left because all you wanted to do was have sex!" Allie yelled.

Luke scoffed. "Please. That's not true."

"Yes it is!" Allie shouted. "Seriously, every time we hang out you try to get in my pants!"

"You like it," Luke shot back.

"Get over yourself, Luke," Allie scoffed.

"Me? What about you?" Luke challenged, coming even closer to Allie.

Next to me, Eli sucked in a breath, as if he was surprised. I was just as shocked as he was.

"All you do is parade me around like I'm some kind of trophy!" Allie yelled. "I always have to do what you want me to!"

That's not true!" Luke hissed. "We go out with your friends!"

"No we don't!" Allie cried, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Oh yeah," Luke paused, his eyes glinting in a way I didn't like. "You don't have any friends!"

If that hurt Allie, she didn't show it. All she did was snap, "Well, at least I'm not always trying to fuck you!"

Luke laughed maliciously. "Right, like you've never wanted it."

"Not all the time," Allie said. "It would be nice to go out once in a while!"

"But what you like to do is boring!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I too boring foe you?" Allie said sarcastically. "Am I just too boring for you?"

"Maybe you are," Luke hissed.

"Fuck you," Allie snapped.

"Wouldn't you want to," Luke taunted.

Allie's mouth opened and closed.

"What, no snappy comeback, Sassy Allie?" Luke said. From Allie's expression, I could tell that this nickname meant a lot to her.

"You're an asshole," she said.

"You're a bitch."

"Dick."