Chapter 5

My favorite comment was a tie, one said, "I love everything by you !!!!! I wish you had like 7 arms so you could write all the stories at once, pleeeeaaase grow more limbs okay thank you bye" commented by @PoisonLixie, I cracked up, it was amazing. And the other one was, kind of a conversation between two people, @Teirrah_tac who said "THE MYSTERY OF THE LIP RING" and @_isabella_____ who said #themysteryofthelipring We should make that hashtag a thing. If you're reading this, comment #themysteryofthelipring ! Okay now to the update

Finley's P.O.V.

Easing open the door to the bathroom I had just been hiding in for lunch period, I glanced around the hallway before darting out, anxious to not be seen. This is a high school; I'm pretty sure the whole school knows that I had a freak out in the middle of science class and didn't come back. People like to make fun of me for these things.

Luckily, the hallways were empty as everyone was still at lunch, so I could go to my locker in peace. I jogged down the hall, heading for the basement, which was where my locker was located. Now, my locker wasn't really in a basement, it was just what the students called it. My high school was two stories high, and then there was the basement where all the tech-ed classes were and the pool.

Located my locker by scanning the rows of numbers at the top, I paused, dropping all my stuff at my feet and started putting in my combination, tugging upwards on the bar that opened my locker. It didn't open.

"C'mon," I muttered, putting in my combination again.

When that didn't work, I huffed in annoyance and put in my combination for a third time, silently willing for it to open. When it didn't, I cursed and yanked upward with all my might, trying to just open my locker. When it still didn't open, I threw my hands up in the air.

"What the hell!" I cried. "Just open, you stupid evil locker!"

In a fit of, well, not rage, but more like frustration, I kicked the metal door, instantly regretting it when a stinging pain shot through my toe. "Shit," I hissed, jumping up and down like I had just won Coldplay tickets. "Why did I do that?"

In my jumping, strange, weird dance, 'ow my toe' party, my eyes fell on the locker number. It was 98. My locker number was 99.

"You have got to be kidding me," I mumbled, staring between the two lockers.

I am such an idiot," I thought.

Meekly, I put in my combination and my locker opened with a cheerful pop. I exchanged my books and closed my locker gently. Glancing at the other locker that I'd kicked, I mumbled, "Sorry locker."

The bell rang just as I was heading up the stairs, and I immediately went to my classroom, only to be stopped by Eli.

"Hey, you weren't at lunch," he noted, concerned.

"Y-You're observation s-skills are f-fantastic," I said.

Seriously, trying to be sarcastic while stuttering doesn't work.

"Well, I'm going to take you to get some food after school," Eli told me.

"N-No," I said, feeling nervous.

"What do you mean no?" Eli cocked his head.

"I-I'm not g-going," I stammered.

"Yes you are," Eli said firmly.

"T-That's k-kidnapping," I pointed out.

Eli winked. "It's not kidnap if you want to come."

I felt awkward, so naturally I decided to just simply walk away. I was an expert speed-walker, so I was putting those skills to use.