Chapter 44

Finley's P.O.V

Allie froze, her eyes trained on the door. "Oh shit," she muttered.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked, straightening up.

"Um," she said, stalling. "Well, there's a slight possibility that Luke was really pissed off and is now coming for me."

"But that was like fifteen minutes ago," I said, brushing the hair out of my eyes. "There's no way he could have gotten here that fast."

"Yeah..." Allie said, not sounding convinced.

The doorbell rang again.

Allie looked at it.

"You should answer it," Calla advised.

Allie took a deep breath. "I have lived a fuller life than you three, so I shall answer the door. And if I die, I want See You Again played at my funeral."

Ashton managed a chuckle as Allie got up and slowly creaked open the door.

"Oh hello," I heard her say.

There was some shuffling noises.

"That'll be twenty ninety five," a friendly voice said.

Calla peeked over the couch. "Its the pizza delivery guy," she reported.

"Pizza?" Ashton said with interest.

"Thank you," Allie said and shut the door. "I ordered pizza!" she called.

Ashton let out a whoop and scrambled over the couch, taking the box from Allie.

Behind Allie, the doorbell rang again.

She turned around and opened it saying, "Oh, did you forget somethi-"

Since Calla and I were still hiding behind the couch, we couldn't see who it was, but we heard her sentence cut off abruptly.

"Was it you?" I heard a voice demand. It took me a couple seconds to realize it was my brother.

"N-No," Allie squeaked.

"Bullshit," I heard Luke snap, and then the door close. I shot Calla a worried glance and she mirrored my expression.

"Luke, it was a joke," Allie said, sounding much more like herself, sassy and confident.

"Like hell it was!" Luke cried. "You do that all the fucking time, God, its not funny anymore!"

"It would be if you could take a joke!" Allie shot back.

"It was funny at first, but now its just annoying as hell!" Luke shouted. "God, it makes me want to smash your phone! Jesus, cant you be serious for once in your life?"

I peeked over the couch and saw Allie take a step back.

"I'm sorry," she said, barely audible.

"Yeah, you're always sorry," he said nastily. "But then you prank me again, and again, and its not funny! I'm sick of it!"

Allie took another step back. "Luke," she began, but he cut her off.

"No! I don't want to hear your excuses anymore! Just stop! Just stop it! God, you're so damn annoying sometimes!"

I blinked; shock was working its way through my system. After a short glance at Calla and noticing her equally shocked expression, Luke was yelling again.

"Luke," Allie said meekly.

"What?!" he roared.

"Your sister is here," she whispered.