Chapter 38

Finley's P.O.V

I opened my door and Eli stepped in, still holding his presents. He dropped them on my desk and picked one up, a small box nearly completely covered in tape. I chuckled at the sight of it.

"Not that great at wrapping, hey?" I joked.

Eli snorted. "You can say that again."

So just to be annoying and funny, I said, "Not that great at wrap-"

"I didn't mean it literally," Eli interrupted me, shooting me a look.

I stuck my tongue out at him. "So why, exactly did I have to open my present up here?"

"Because," Eli started, suddenly looking nervous and he fidgeted. "Because...."

"Because...."I prompted, leaning in closer to hear what he was saying.

"Because it's special," he got out. "And I wanted it to between me and you, not you and your family."

"Aw," I cooed. "Eli's got a romantic side!" I pinched his cheek, just to be annoying.

Eli swatted my hand away. "Fin, not now! This is serious! I'm freaking out here because I think you won't like my present!"

"Aw," I felt my heart melt; he was so worried it was adorable. "I'm sure I'll love it."

Eli handed me the present and I began to open it, trying to ignore how intently Eli was staring at me. The tape was hard to rip off and I ended up struggling with it. Eventually, I ripped the paper to reveal a little box. I could feel my breath catch in my throat and my heart speed up in anticipation as I opened the lid to reveal the most beautiful ring.

"It's a ring," Eli added unnecessarily. "Like, yeah, um, it's a promise ring to.... You know, to, show I'll always..... yeah," he stuttered to a halt awkwardly.

I felt a slight pang in my heart as I knew what he was going to say, and that he couldn't but I still smiled at the ring. "It's beautiful," I said, picking it up and examining it. "I love it."

And it was truly beautiful; it was a simple silver band with a diamond in the middle surrounded by smaller ones. "How much did this cost?"

"Not much," Eli said, but I could tell he was lying from how his cheeks turned slightly pink.

I smiled at him. "I love it."

Eli's smile was almost even more beautiful than the ring.

"Do you want your present now?" I asked him.

Eli's face lit up and he nodded excitedly. "Yes!"

I laughed at him. He was like a small child. I got up and grabbed an envelope from my desk and handed it to him. It had his name on it in a fancy script and I drew hearts around it and smiley faces.

"I get you a ring and you give me an envelope?" he joked.

"Hey, I'll have you know I spent a lot of time decorating that

"Hey, I'll have you know I spent a lot of time decorating that envelope!" I teased.

Eagerly, Eli ripped the top of it open and pulled the contents out. I watched with an eager smile as he blinked at them before waving them in the air.

"Tickets to the Harry Potter theme park?" he asked, tone rising in excitement.

I nodded in confirmation. "Yup, for spring break, and there's two, so you can bring whoever you like."

Eli's face broke out in a huge grin. "Oh my God, Fin, these are amazing this is the best present ever, I love you so much right now-" he froze once he realized what he said.