Chapter 19

Finley's P.O.V

Allie and I quickly ran out of my room when we finished our sentence, leaving the boys standing in confusion.

"We need weapons," she laughed as she ran.

"Um," I said, turning a corner and running downstairs. "We have silly string!"

"Why do you have silly string?" Allie asked, amused.

"Ask Luke," I shot back as I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the two cans from the counter.

I tossed one at Allie and she caught it and shook it, an evil grin on her face.

"Let's get these bastards," she said.

Even though she was on my team, I couldn't help but feel a little afraid of her. "Yeah, let's do this!"

Arming ourselves, we crept back upstairs, where we could hear the boys scheming in Luke's room. Allie leapt in, screaming wildly, spraying her silly string all over Luke. I took the distraction as an opportunity to cover Eli's head in silly string.

Eli's mouth dropped open and he glared at me. "You are going down," he warned.

I wasted no time in speeding away; Allie already gone. I ran downstairs and hid behind the couch, holding my breath as Luke came down the stairs, heading for the kitchen and I heard him yell "Really?! You took my silly string?!"

I clamped a hand over my mouth, trying my best not to burst in to laughter as Luke reappeared, holding a carton of eggs in his left hand.

He wouldn't dare...

Allie would kill him if he got that in her hair. She would jump him in a dark alley at night and stab him mercilessly. Okay, maybe not like that, but she would murder him.

"Come out come out wherever you are," he called out, sounding very much like a pedophile.

I shrunk down in my hiding place, trying to avoid him spotting me. Luke passed me, heading down the hall towards the dining room. I crept to my feet, keeping my eyes near the entrance to the kitchen in case someone popped out at me. When someone moved behind me, I whirled around, silly string ready to spray and I stopped once I saw it was Allie.

"Warn me or something!" I hissed. "I could have wasted my ammo!"

Allie only chuckled before speaking. "Calm down."

"Luke has eggs," I shared my information with her, knowing that he would go after Allie than me.

"Eli had whipped cream," Allie disclosed, glancing behind her shoulder.

"We gotta cover them in this stuff," I said, shaking my can.

"Agreed," Allie said, standing on her tiptoes to look behind me.

"Let's move," I said, and we split up.

Allie followed the path that Luke took, and I took the stairs. Slowly, I crept up them, looking behind me and forward, keeping my eye out for Eli, as I knew that Luke was downstairs. I pressed my body against the wall, scooting along like I was some spy in an action movie. I fought the urge to giggle as I did so. I was such a kid.

As I passed my bedroom door, someone jumped out at me, shouting "Boo!" and I flailed backwards, a scream leaving my mouth as I landed hard on my bum.

It was Eli.

He was doubled over laughing, clutching at his middle and almost crying from how he scared me. I didn't find it that funny. My breath quickened, and I could feel that the fear of getting scared wasn't going away any time soon. I curled up in a little ball, tears from fear falling down my cheeks as I sniffled. Slowly, Eli realized that I was crying and tentatively touched my back.