Chapter 26

Finley 's P.O.V

I sighed deeply as I walked back inside, running a hand through my hair. I had talked to Allie for what felt like hours. She was ready to make up with Luke. She knew that he didn't mean what he said and I only hoped that Luke wanted to make up with Allie.

"How'd it go?"

My head turned to the side so fast I cricked my neck. "Oh, Dad," I said in relief. "It went well, I think. Allie wants to make up with Luke."

Dad nodded in approval. "Good. He needs a girl like Allie in his life."

"Yeah," I said awkwardly. I barely talked to my dad, just because he worked at nights and I was in school during the day.

I nodded at him and walked up the stairs, passing Luke's room, hearing Eli talking and I flopped on my bed, sighing as I did so. I stared at my ceiling, just wanting to go to sleep after my long day.

"Tired?" Eli asked, leaning against my door frame.

I sat up. "Yes," I sighed. "This peace-making stuff is hard."

Eli chuckled and came to sit next to me. "Tell me about it. Luke just swore at me for a solid fifteen minutes."

That took me by surprise. "Really?"

"Really," Eli nodded. "He's really upset that he hurt Allie's feelings. He loves her."

"He has a shitty way of showing it," I muttered.

"He's scared," Eli answered tightly. "He's worried that Allie won't love him as much as he loves her."

I snorted. "Allie loves him more than he'll ever love her."

Eli turned to face me. "How do you know that? Did you just talk to him for an hour?"

I was stung by his harsh tone. "Did you just talk to Allie for an hour? No, I did! And I know my brother!"

"You're a girl," Eli countered. "You might know Luke but you don't know guys."

My mouth dropped. "That's so sexist!"

Eli scoffed. "Right, like how the guy is automatically the bad guy?"

"Luke was using Allie like a toy!" I exclaimed. "All he wanted to do was sleep with her all the time!"

Eli shoo, his head in exasperation. "Wow."

"What's "wow?" I countered. "What."

"Just how ignorant you are!" Eli yelled.

My jaw dropped yet again. "Oh I'm ignorant? I'm the ignorant one?"

"Yes you are!" Eli yelled. "Because all you do is assume things!"

"Really? What do I assume then?" I said, sarcasm lining my tone.

"Everything!" Eli exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. "You automatically assumed I was a bad boy just because I had a piercing!"

"Everyone said you were a bad boy!" I defended myself. "What was I supposed to think?"

"Maybe get to know me?" Eli yelled. "Maybe not just think that I'm mean and rude and going to hurt you?"

"Then stop acting like it!" I shouted. "Stop acting like something you're not!"

Eli shot me a dark look and stood up, looming over me, intimidating me. "Like you?" He said, pausing. "Take your own advice, Finley."

He left then, slamming my door and my lungs hurt, like I couldn't breathe. Eli and I had just properly fought for the first time, and I think that he just broke up with me. I almost gasp out loud when I realize something else. He called me Finley. He never calls me by my first name, not ever.