Chapter 23

Finley’s P.O.V

I sat anxiously in class, eyes fixed firmly on the clock that told me that I only had thirty more seconds to wait before I could go with Eli to science class. The teacher was mumbling random nonsense and people were rustling their papers, knowing, like me, exactly what time it was.

I swear, if you ever want any teenager to ace a class, make us sit in a room for fifty minutes and then ask us how much time is left until we can leave.

I’m fairly certain 99.9% of us would tell you the minute and the seconds until we were allowed to leave.

The bell rang and I was one of the first ones out the door, heading towards Eli’s locker, as his was on  the way to science compared to mine which was in the opposite direction.

I saw him at his locker and a smile spread across my face as he looked in my direction, scanning the crowd for my face. I came up to him and he smiled brightly, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and kissing my temple before throwing some books in his locker and slamming it shut.

We started to head to class and Eli’s hand crept into mine, as if unsure of his actions. I smiled to myself and intertwined my fingers with his and Eli gave my hand a little squeeze.

“Aw, look at us, holding hands,” he whispered in my ear.

I giggled. “You’re such a fangirl, Eli.”

Eli pouted. “How many time to I have to yell you, Fin, I am not a fangirl, I am a fanman!”

“Fanman?” I asked, amused. “You sound like a gay superhero.”

“Hey! Gay is okay!” Eli exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and Eli laughed at me before swooping down and pressing a kiss to my cheek. And just like all the other times he’s done it in school, a blush colored my cheeks.

“Okay, you can work with partners!” my science teacher announced.

Even though she’s a bitch, she does let us work in partners a lot, and usually I just work alone but now I have Eli to work with.

I get my stuff and walk over to Eli. “Hey,” I said.

Eli glanced up at me. “Why hello, my fair lady,” he said. “What can I help you with?”

I rolled my eyes as I sat down in a desk right next to him. “You’re my partner, you idiot.”

“Okay,” Eli grinned. “But I hope you were listening, I wasn’t paying attention.”

I fought the urge to slap myself in the face. “Seriously? You don’t even know what we’re doing?!” I exclaimed.

“No,” Eli countered. “I know we’re doing biochemistry.”

“You’re lucky I like biochemistry,” I told him.

“I’m lucky to have you,” Eli corrected me and before I melted from feels, he pecked my lips and looked down at his packet. “Okay- so what is a group of atoms called?” he glanced up at me, where I was just smiling stupidly. “Fin?”

“What?” I asked, shaking myself from my daze.

Eli was looking at me with a slight smile on his lips. “What’s a group of atoms called?” he asked.

“A molecule,” I answered.

“What happened there?” he questioned me as we wrote down the answer.

“What do you mean?” I asked, already answering the next question.

“Why were you just staring at me with a smile on your face?” Eli asked. “Did I make you speechless?” he teased.