xliv. explanations worldwide

Jasper sends his wife a reassuring smile, his hand squeezing hers before he lets go and gets out of the car

Jasper sends his wife a reassuring smile, his hand squeezing hers before he lets go and gets out of the car. The snow crunches underneath his shoes as he and Edward walk towards the Denali Coven, the four members already spitting out questions about their unexpected and sudden arrival. Mariposa bites her lip, nervous about the outcome of things. Her leg bounces as she undoes her seatbelt, leaning back into the passenger seat with a sigh exhaling from her lips. "Mama, who are the people?" Sophia asks, her brown eyes glancing over each member of the Alaskan family. The little girl sits in the back in her car seat alone since Seth had stayed behind to gather the wolves together with Leah and Elliot.

Mariposa turns her body slightly around and smiles softly at her daughter. "Just some of Papa's family. They've never met you so it's just some new people you get to meet." She tells her.

"Are they going to like me?" Sophia asks with a small pout on her child-like face. Her mother reaches over and smooths her thumb over her cheek before glancing back to the front to see Jasper sending her a nod.

"They will." The brunette assures her, smiling at her. Mariposa had doubts in her mind about the coven even remotely understanding her daughter, but kept them to herself, and with Edward—though he wouldn't say a thing but instead just reassure her of her negative thoughts. "Once they understand you." She adds before opening her door, and walking around the car to get Sophia. The little girl is placed on the ground, hidden behind her mother until Mariposa takes her hand, and moves to stand beside her small frame.

Scared and frightened gasps erupt from the coven at once when they lay eyes on Renesmee and Sophia, all of them moving back like the two children had the plague. Mariposa immediately reacts to place her arm in front of her daughter, shielding her from the coven. "You get those things out of here." Tanya whispers hardly, amber eyes moving back and forth from one child to the other.

"They're not what they look like." Edward pleads with her desperately as his brother nods along with him. But even with the mind reader's statement, the leader of the Denali coven still has her own opinion.

"This is a crime!" Tanya attacks Edward and Jasper, but they quickly throw her into the pile of snow. Kate goes in defense of her sister, grabbing both of them and shocking them, and unknowingly Mariposa. The brunette groans in pain as she falls to her knees, grabbing the snow in agony while her daughter stands next to her, frightened by the behavior of the sisters. Bella sees this, and immediately rushes over to help her husband and his brother. She ignores Kate shocking her, instead throwing her into the snow. The two blonde sisters get up quickly as Mariposa lets out a breath of relief, standing back up to her feet.

"Stay back!" Bella warns them. Tanya and Kate immediately stop in their tracks, not wanting to fight a newborn vampire.

"They have blood in their veins." Jasper quickly says before any more fights can break out between them, and his wife hurt because of them. "You can feel their warmth."